twelve - kiss in the kitchen like it's a dancefloor

Kate gave me a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie to change into. I came back into the living room dressed in them with my hair half up. "so let's get you patched up then shall we?" she nodded and hopped onto the counter. I grabbed the bag and put the things I would need next to her before going to stand in between her legs.

"This will sting for a few seconds," I said holding up a cotton swap with disinfectant. I gently cleaned the wounds on her face she winced a bit and kept unconsciously pulling her head back. "sit still you dufus" I chuckled putting my free hand behind her had to hold it there. She looked me in the eyes and I realized how close we were.

I cleaned the last wound before pulling back again and getting the small tape thingys to close the wounds. I leaned in closer again before fixing the big wound on her forehead. She looked me in the eyes again and I looked into hers, I saw them flicker to my lips. I slowly leaned in giving her enough time to pull back, but she didn't.

She leaned in as well and gently pressed her lips against mine. I couldn't help but smile against her lips as her hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer.

We slowly parted our lips and deepened the kiss. I wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her closer, our upper bodies now flush together. We stood there -well she was sitting I was standing- making out in the middle of the kitchen.

We pulled back and looked at each other before I cleared my throat and took a step back, "right uhm, you said you hit your head, so we need to put some ice on it, do you have ice here" I rambled to avoid any awkward conversation to come up.

I went to the freezer and the only thing I found was frozen pizza "this will have to do" I said and gave it to kate who chuckled and held it to her head. She went to sit down at the kitchen table while I made us both a cup of tea.

"can I take a picture of you, you look really funny like that" she nodded and I snapped a picture before showing it to her. "can you send it to me?" I nodded and we exchanged numbers.

Kate's mom called to check on her so I decided to call my dad as well. "hey kiddo, why are you calling me? Too lazy to walk like 5 steps?" Dad asked as he answered, it sounded like I woke him. "yeah well it's a little more than 5 steps" I said and shot kate a look who smiled back.

"what did you do this time?" he asked with a groan, "Uhm tony called, he sent me on my first mission, I'm in Manhatten now" I explained. "your first mission, wow Ry you could have told me, I could have brought you there," he said and I smiled, dad was always supportive. "yeah I know but I had to get there fast, you know like in 10 minutes fast, so running was more convenient, I didn't have time to tell you"

"Are you safe?" he asked and I looked around "yeah well looks pretty safe to me, I'm in an apartment, with Kate and Clint can comeback any second"

"When will you be back?" he asked and I shrugged before realizing he wouldn't see that "I don't know, I'll ask clint when he comes back and then I'll text you?" I suggested and he agreed "that's alright, but keep me updated and stay safe". "I will dad, remember superhuman, you should go back to sleep" he let out a small chuckle "yeah yeah my little superhuman, I'll wait for your message, and then I'll go to sleep" I agreed with that, we said goodbye and I hung up.

Clint walked back in he went straight to the kitchen to clean his own wounds. "I gotta go, Love you," kate said to her mom before hanging up. "since when did everybody start saying 'I love you' to everybody all the time?" he asked with a huff.

"that was my mom, and since when did your heart shrink 3 sizes?" client dropped the cotton ball and looked at her "when a little girl in a ninja costume stole my Christmas" Kate looked down in shame.