_01

So. I've started collecting some files for you. This one's some sort of report. I don't know, but a bunch of it got deleted. Editing maybe?

Anyway, I recovered some of the text - the stuff in italics - bc I thought it was interesting. Couldn't get any names, sorry. I'll fill you in later?

Also, fair warning, this bit's a tad gory.

Quick overview of the details.

⠀⠀⠀ SUBJECT: doc's report of events
⠀⠀⠀ RECIPIENT: the mf that tried to kill you
⠀⠀⠀ SENDER: doc
⠀⠀⠀ TIMESTAMP: 05.22.6 ABY
⠀⠀⠀ INTERCEPT: 07.02.9 ABY

TO: ████ ███████, ██., ██.
FROM: ███ ██████
SUBJECT: after action report, 23:03 5/20/6 ABY to 0:32 5/21/6 ABY
DATE: 5/22/6 ABY

Hello sir,

Here is the report you requested. If you require any additional information, I will be happy to provide it.

Contact me if you need anything else,
███ ██████

███., ██., ████████

file://dr:apershing.jrnl./file.php/5_20_6aby/after-action-report-5_21_6T23.03to0.32/.jrnl-etry

[file:open:command_override-yes/no_yes/dr:apershing/r:2990873445.jrnl]

>
[file:open:file_history:command_override-yes/no_yes/dr:apershing/r:2990873445.jrnl]
[file:revert:5_21_6T1.32-version:command_override-yes/no_yes/dr:apershing/r:2990873445.jrnl]

>

⠀⠀⠀ 5/21/6, 1:32

⠀⠀⠀ Death is a weird thing.

⠀⠀⠀ You can think about, search for or avoid it, but in the end, it's always there, waiting for you. But what if it's not? What you're asking me to do makes me wonder what will happen when death isn't waiting.

⠀⠀⠀ When all that looms before you is endless life, what will people live for?

⠀⠀⠀ But I'm waxing poetic now, so let me get down to business; wWe chased █████'s craft, a pirated commercial transport, from the Scarif system toward Jakku. Against orders, my pilot, ███, fired on the craft.

⠀⠀⠀ He grazed █████'s engine. The damage was fairly superficial, but the action forced █████ to enter Jakku's atmo prematurely. Upon reentering atmospheric conditions, the craft's heat shields failed, and █████ lost control.

⠀⠀⠀ The fact that the craft was not completely obliterated on impact just goes to show how good a pilot he was. He managed to slow its descent, and land it at such an angle that neither was instantly crushed. The transport crashed at ███, ███ and ██, ███ on █████, at approximately 0:07.

⠀⠀⠀ We landed some distance from the wreckage, then rode to the wreck in a landspeeder and began to look for ███ █████ 's body.

⠀⠀⠀ At that point, I had a problem. Two, actually.

⠀⠀⠀ First, it was cold. Really, really cold. I mean, it's the desert. You expect it to be hot, even at night. Or at least warm. But no, it was well below freezing.

⠀⠀⠀ Anyway, ███ and I put out the fire as best we could, using that nasty foam spray stuff. I swear, I can still smell it. Then we started looking for bodies.

⠀⠀⠀ That was my second problem: I was looking for a body in the dark. Well, supervising someone looking for a body in the dark.

⠀⠀⠀ Visibility was pretty bad, even with headlamps. Parts of the craft's remnants were still partially on fire.

⠀⠀⠀ I mean, the only reason I was there in the first place was in case something like this happened - my job was to make sure that, if <redacted> died, her body didn't stay a body. Still, that wasn't supposed to be necessary.

⠀⠀⠀ Eventually, ███ called me over. I looked up to see him crouched beside a blackened figure. Against my better judgment, I walked over.

⠀⠀⠀ It was the body of a man, but I could barely recognize it as such; it was charred beyond any recognition. His abdomen was a bloody mess of splintered bone and intestine; a metal beam had crushed it. I couldn't make out his features, but based on the intel we had on the craft, it's ████ █████.

⠀⠀⠀ I dreaded ███ finding the second body. But he did.

⠀⠀⠀ ███'s body was some distance from the wreckage. She probably flew forward when the craft crashed. She was in even worse condition than her father, limbs twisted and angled. Her skin was cracked and blackened, and flaking, so that angry red flesh peeked through underneath. There was blood everywhere. It didn't take me long to figure out where it was coming from; there was a crater in the lower right side of her skull, and a shard of metal hit her pulmonary artery.

⠀⠀⠀ The worst bit was her eyes. I already know I'll need to replace them her eyes. One was missing, presumably struck from her head when her head slammed into something. I did not find it.

⠀⠀⠀ The other eye was black with blood. The concussive force that knocked the other one out caused the blood vessels in and around her eyes to implode. I've seen my fair share of corpses, but this one's the worst.

⠀⠀⠀ And now I'm wondering: how do you talk about a corpse?

⠀⠀⠀ Do refer to it as what it was, or what it is? Because what I was looking at was a girl that had been a living, breathing person, full of hopes, worries, dreams several minutes ago. Like everyone else in this galaxy. To see that same hoping, dreaming person a smoking pile of meat cooling on freezing desert sand is terrible.

⠀⠀⠀ The rest of her body was in equally bad condition: charred, crushed, and covered in blood and debris. All of her limbs will require synthetic repair, some will need to be replaced entirely. Judging from the crushed state of her torso, most, if not all internal organs will also need significant repair or replacement.

⠀⠀⠀ I told ███ to load her on the landspeeder. We left the first body to burn with the wreckage. Rest assured, by the time anyone finds it, ██████ will be long gone.

⠀⠀⠀ ███ loaded the body, and we left for our transport. We flew to the ████ ███ ocean and got the body to the ship. I took notes, performed an rushed autopsy, and will be ready to begin work as soon as I finish this report.