_02

The other chum's response. Still can't get any names, whoever they had on this job knew their stuff pretty well. Details:

⠀⠀⠀ SUBJECT: response to pershing's report
⠀⠀⠀ RECIPIENT: asir pershing
⠀⠀⠀ SENDER: our fave ugh
⠀⠀⠀ TIMESTAMP: 05.23.6 ABY
⠀⠀⠀ INTERCEPT: 07.02.9 ABY

TO: ███ ██████
FROM: ████ ███████, ██., ████.
RE: after action report, 23:03 5/20/6 ABY to 0:32 5/21/6 ABY
DATE: 5/23/6 ABY

Dr. ██████,

⠀⠀⠀ I was most pleased to receive your report, and apologize for my delay in responding. I clearly didn't make a mistake in hiring you. Four things:

⠀⠀⠀ One: concerning the accident.
⠀⠀⠀ I'm aware that you were along in the pursuit of ██████ only as a precaution against the worst case scenario, and, while that worst case scenario is sadly now our reality, I recognize that you are not to blame in any way for ██████'s death. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for your pilot, but you may rest easy.

⠀⠀⠀ Two: settlement.
⠀⠀⠀ 5 million GC is my final price. Expect a tenth when I see you next, and the other nine upon your completion of the job. Also bear in mind that your failure will have its consequences, both financially and otherwise.

⠀⠀⠀ Three: resources.
⠀⠀⠀ If the laboratory I've furnished you with is not sufficient - and I'm aware of that distinct possibility - please contact ██. █████████ ██████. She will attain any additional assets you require. I am also aware that you've put in a request to contact ████ █████ for help on whatever cybernetics ██████ may require. I will contact him, but cannot promise an affirmative response.

⠀⠀⠀ Four: concerning ████ ██████.
⠀⠀⠀ I need more information on the overall damage to her body. I was pleased to hear that you exercised caution, but remain fearful that it was futile. Kindly forward me an analysis of the damage, as well a projection of the project, including estimated time until completion.

⠀⠀⠀ Do remember that I'd rather you not botch this.

Good luck.
████ ███████
██., ████.