01.1

・ ̣ ✵ ・ *

.・ ̣ ✵ ・ *.

⠀⠀⠀ THE CANTINA IS warm and bright and colorful. It is the opposite of the blizzard just outside, and Cyi is trying to figure out a way she can stay here for the night. Maybe if she hides somewhere? But where? Or perhaps, if-

trAcking fob detected.

⠀⠀⠀She chokes on her spotchka as the red letters string across her vision.

> come again?

trAcking fob detected.

⠀⠀⠀ "Crik," she sighs. So much for spending the night someplace warm.

⠀⠀⠀ Her eyes sweep across the cantina, looking for the basics: exit, transportation, and warmth.

⠀⠀⠀ The woman on her left is drunk and distracted by one of the waitresses, a tall, gray-eyed girl barely older than Cyi. But much as she agrees with the woman's taste, Cyi is more interested in the thick jacket on the back of her chair. It looks warm.

chAnces of success Are significAntly higher if confrontAtion is Avoided; i recommend getting on the move.

⠀⠀⠀ "Yeah, go ahead and recommend it," Cyi mutters.

⠀⠀⠀ She slips the coat off the back of the woman's chair and shrugs it on. It's a little too big for her small frame, but blissfully warm.

get on the move.

> i'm working on it, you stupid robot.

work on it fAster.

⠀⠀⠀ Cyi downs the rest of her spotchka and stands, not bothering to leave a credit on the table - she'll need the money later - and begins to slip through the crowd toward the exit.

⠀⠀⠀ "Where you goin' Miss?"

⠀⠀⠀ The harsh voice stops Cyi in her tracks. She breathes out her frustration, then spins on her heel. Incredulously raised eyebrows, too big coat. She hopes she looks innocent. The bartender, a burly Twi-lek, is glaring at her, hands on hips.

⠀⠀⠀ "Yeah, you," he snaps. "Unless I missed something, you didn' pay."

⠀⠀⠀ Mentally, Cyi is howling curses at the Twi-lek and all his mortal descendants. But she smiles brightly, and his expression eases somewhat.

⠀⠀⠀ "Oh, you're right," she says. There is laughter in her voice. "I'm so sorry, here."

⠀⠀⠀ One of the many downsides of drinking alone at a bar is that folks assume you're old enough to do so. And the older you look, the less sympathy you get from people.

⠀⠀⠀ Cyi knows this. She tosses him a credit, and he does not check to see whether it's counterfeit. She wonders when he'll realize that it is.

⠀⠀⠀ She slips back into the bustle of patrons, keeping an eye on her target. He's a cocky looking fellow with a pair of goggles resting around his neck.