Childhood bedroom

You guys seemed to really like baking so I'm delivering some domestic fluff.

Also happy holidays! Merry Christmas and Blessed Yule! ❤️ I'm off school until January so I'm hoping to get some writing squeezed in ( although I still have essays and other stuff to do aside from spending time with family)

Anyway I'll shut up now ! here's some fluffy goodness:)

Write this while listening to State Lines because that song feels so nostalgic to me ?? Idk

okay I'll actually shut up this time

-
You stepped into the familiar room cautiously, your hand leading your boyfriend into a room that possessed so many of your childhood memories. Your fingers were intertwined, and his thumb affectionately caressed yours.

You sighed quietly as you lead him into your childhood bedroom. The walls were a soft pastel yellow, the exact shade it was from when you were a baby and the room was your nursery. Your mom insisted on never changing the colour, much to your disgust when you were a teenager.

You knew he couldn't exactly see it, but you felt slightly self conscious of it. Maybe it was the guilt of knowing his childhood wasn't as comfortable as yours, or the fact that teddies decorated the bed and that perhaps he'd tease you for it when he sat on your bed. A handmade blanket lay at the bottom of the single bed that was shoved into the corner of the room. Your grandmother had made it for you. She had made the beautiful patchwork blanket that you held close to your heart. You had delicate memories of you and her snuggling underneath it, sipping hot cocoa and watching Christmas movies. She would've loved Matt, especially with how well he treated you.

You were clicked out of your memories when Matt leant his came against the corner of your childhood bedroom.

"Can I?" He asked, nodding to the room. You smiled and muttered a small yes. He stuck his hand out ever-so- slightly , and traced the dresser by the door, collecting the tiniest amount of dust on his finger. He smiled as he bumped into a fluffy teddy. His fingers traced the plushies features.

"Is this the famous giraffe teddy I've heard so much about?" He chuckled. You giggled, walking over to him and picking up the soft giraffe, which lacked an eye, and who's leg was hanging on by a thread.

"It sure is, got it when I was a baby from my grandparents. Called him Noah. I took him everywhere with me, which is probably why he looks so beaten up" you smiled, looking at the giraffe fondly.

He wandered behind you, his strong arms wrapping around your waist, his head nestling into your neck.
"That's how you know he was and is loved .." Matt smiled softly. "Don't think the same goes for me .. unless kingpin has something to admit " he whispered, chuckling after he said. "And even though they don't work, I still have both my eyes, something Noah can't relate with" he laughed harder , his soft and familiar chuckle filling the room.

You laughed at the joke. "Matty-"

You both stood, gasping for air. Your chest physically hurt from laughing so hard, as did his. He held you close to him as he laughed into the crook of your neck.

You wondered what a younger you would say if they could see you right now. You used to believe there would never be someone out there right for you. But here he was, holding you as close as he could, breathless from laughing into your neck, in the soft pastel yellow walls of your childhood bedroom.