Chapter 1

I promise.

Kritika's POV
The last thing I remember is green eyes and that's somehow everything that is in my head. I tried remembering stuff but it's useless because I totally blacked out .I looked around the place, it didn't feel usual and for some reason I was left untied, I could walk around the room but the door was locked. I searched for every possibility that could let me out of here but there was nothing. This room has no windows, the bathroom has no ventilation at all and there is a single door to this room which is locked. Why would someone kidnap me? It's not like I'm super rich or something this is not for money, I'm sure about that. What could possibly be the reason? Do I have or know something that I should not? The man looked professional, it must be something big a but why me? I heard the door creaking open and the same stranger with green eyes and curly hair  walked in.
I took a step back.
"Who are you?"
"What do you want from me?"
"Where am I?"
"One question at a time, love",he looked at me and grinned like a devil.
'Love' I missed being called like that and the familiarity in the accent made things worst.

"Don't call me that",I took another step back.

"Okay",he shrugged his shoulder.

"Who are you?",I screamed

"Edward Russo".

"Who do you work for?"
- [ ]
"Myself".

"Why am I here?"

"Leverage"

"Where am I?"

"On a ship."

"What?"

"What?"

"Where are you taking me?"

"That you'll see".

"Is this....

"Now it's my turn in this little game and so I question you",he took a step towards me.
"And I will know if you lie,so be honest", my gaze was fixated on his green irises, and how his pupils dialated when he spoke.
"What did this woman tell you before she left?",he spoke showing me a picture of Radhika on his phone.
Is all this somehow about Radhika?
"Like I'm gonna tell you",I smirked.
What did she tell me before she left that this man wants to know?
She told me that I am capable to take the responsibility and that's it.

"Okay fine,you don't wanna tell me and I want you to know that your boyfriend is safe and sound and right now he is on stage performing ,surrounded by thousands of people and it will take a single phone call for me to get him shot right now.My men are waiting for orders so I don't wanna make them wait any longer ",I paced my breathing when he mentioned Stefan.I felt nauseous only by listening him talk like that.He had his men ready to shoot Stefan....is he really that powerful.

"Please don't do that ",I almost begged him.
"Just tell me why you want to know about Radhika",I asked.

"I'm not the one to tell ,it's you who is gonna do that".

"Fine,just promise me you're not laying even a finger on Stefan and ask your men to leave the place right now",I demanded.

"I'm not the one to promise,love",he smirked and shrugged his shoulders.
"Now tell me",his voice was soft but definitely not kind for I was not ready for his next move.He pulled a gun from underneath his jacket but he didn't point that towards me,it was held firm by his grip as it dangled down from side of his body.
I always had a strange fear of guns.All common people are obviously scared of weapons but my fear has more to that.And so I had to react.
I screamed closing my ears,looking down ....tears streaming down my face and entering my mouth.
"Don't hurt me.Don't hurt me",I Paced backwards but then I heard a gunshot but that was not from him.
"It's an attack and Carl is dead",a man in mid thirties came running into the room with blood stains all over his shirt and a gun in his hand which made me flinch.

"Don't get out of here",Edward said before rushing out of the room.
Though the walls were soundproof,I could still hear the firing of bullets.I closed my ears and sat in the corner,weeping and never in my life did I feel so helpless.I was raised to be a strong independent woman but I was never taught how to tackle a situation like this.If all this is somehow related to Radhika then there sure is a reason as to why she left the country so suddenly.Why didn't she warn me about this?What does Edward want from her and why am I being used as the only leverage?

Who is Edward and who does he work for?I for sure know he is a criminal for he has a gun and people are dying outside.A thousand questions rampaged my mind and may be I'll find the answers but slowly because Edward,as he himself said ,doesn't look like the one to answer.He doesn't talk much but gets stuff done somehow.When he threatened to get Stefan shot,I could only feel two potent emotions,one being anger and the other hatred.l never hated someone with all my heart but this man , he proved me wrong.No one can hurt Stefan and if he wants to hurt him just to get things out of me,I'm going on a wrong way.He shouldn't have mentioned Stefan at all.I know I'm weak and he could kill me or anyone I care about in a moment but I know that I'm not the one to give up.I'm gonna fight this man with all my might.I promise.

I'm afraid of guns,I get a panic attack just by a single glimpse of that weapon but what if there is a way to escape in the midst of all this chaos?It took everything in me to open the door,because I know I'll see blood and guns and weapons and may be I'll pass out just by the sight but I'm gonna give it a try.That was the most ceniematic action scene ever but it was a disaster too.The ship was surrounded by several small boats and there were men in black masks and long pistols in those boats.There were five dead bodies lying on the side and many were injured.Edward was shooting his bullets from under a table saving himself but also attacking the other group who were now trying to jump into the ship.A single thought popped in my anxious mind,what if those men want me too?

Just like that the contents of my gut were forced out of my mouth and I puked before collapsing on the spot.

"I told you to not to come out",his voice muffled until it faded into nothing .

............................................
The first chapter is finally here!!💥💥
Say hello to Edward!

Keep voting and commenting ✨💫