CHAPTER -7

Disclaimer : There is a brief mention of rape and mental trauma ahead in this chapter.

"Are you having a bad dream or something?",he said getting out of his bed and walking towards me.
I rubbed my temples and tucked my messy hair into a bun.....tears dripped down and I didn't want Edward to be seeing them,I don't want him to have any satisfaction.

"Yeah,so what?",I screamed throwing the pillow at his face which he sucessfuly avoided.

"Easy there",he said as he took few more steps.

"I feel like shit right now.....I need to get out of this room",I said and stood up but then something stopped my tracks.

Go ahead and cry little girl
Nobody does it like you do
I know how much it matters to you
If you were my little girl
I'd do whatever I could do
I'd run away and hide with you

He started humming like always but he wasn't looking at me but it looked as if he was humming to me.I was crying afterall, weren't I??

I know you got daddy issues
I sang the melody......it just came out,I wasn't planning on joining the chorus but he did something that could actually distract me from my miserable state.I don't know why he did what he did but it did calm me down.Some songs are made to calm you down,they are comfort,they are home and this song is definitely that.

For some reason,I feel that Edward and I have a similar taste in music for he always hums the songs that I happen to know.Nothing about him is adorable and cute but this little habbit of him can be called cute.The word cute and Edward don't go well.

I spent the rest of the night with Leah and all we did was gossip.My mind couldn't stop going back to Edward......why is he the way he is?There must be a reason.He is a gangster and all but there are bits of him that are good,he can be good too I guess.

"How do you know Edward?",I asked out of the blue.

"He is my brother's best friend",she said nonchalantly.

"You know when he took me,I thought he would beat the shit out of me,kill me or could possibly do even worse but I don't know he is a lot different than those kidnappers that I watched on television."

"He is not a kidnapper in the first place",she said.

"Yeah,but he could be."

"He wouldn't do those things to you.Don't worry.For all I know,he is a gentleman...I have never seen him mistreating any woman.....such behaviour is common in our world but he isn't one of them.He is different in his own way and for sure knows how to respect women",she spoke .

It was around 3 in the morning,I was walking back to Edward's room,the way was a little spooky to be honest and the weather was hazy too.There were dim lights illuminating the path that lead to our room.

The eeriness of the place was somewhat similar to what I felt deep down.One moment you are happy with the love of your life,all happy and colourful and the next moment you are on this ship with people with guns, weapons and God knows what.Deep down I know that this is not going to end anytime soon,Radhika,my so called mother like figure,she is a smart lady,she is not gonna give up anytime soon.If she loved me enough,she would come for my rescue and if not I'm stuck here forever.

The path that showed our room smelled like smoke now, someone's smoking.

There he stood in the black with his dark attire and metalic lighter,the smoke filled air was mixed with his scent as I approached him.

"Hey",he said nonchalantly.

"Hi",I said and took my place beside him holding onto the ledge.

"We'll be there by tomorrow,you should pack your things and my things too",he said.