CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

Silence engulfed the small apartment but the girl was more than satisfied. The sun shone so bright, stretching the ray all the way to her room. It was so bright that it might as well want to wake the girl up and enjoy her day instead of sleeping like a log.

After a month, Lee Dani believed that she deserved to get the rest that she needed in her own room. Not in someone's else apartment; surrounded by 'confidential information', bombs and...

No, the girl did not want to think about a certain house anymore. She just wanted to lie on her bed all day, being on her own.

Yet, as much as she wanted to feel empty, it was not easy. Thinking back about all the things and people that ambushed her life out of nowhere, Dani never thought that she would get attached to them easily when...

She always had a hard time to be close to someone as fast as she was with them.

RFA, the suspicious messenger...

ZEN, 707, Kim Yoosung, Kang Jaehee and...

Han Jumin...

Thinking of the name only made her heart feel heavy again. Dani hated to feel like this when he held the special place in her heart but...

"No, not now... so sleepy," Dani mumbled, literally planting her bare face into the soft pillow that she had hugged all night.

As someone who appreciated comfort from her surrounding, the fact that she could sleep again in her house was like a Christmas present for her. Her apartment was painted with light blue and white in color and she loved how tidy and 'minimalist' it was. The whole space screamed and summarized what kind of girl she was. Dani ate, worked, watched movies, attended online classes and worked out in her house so God knew how strange she felt when she had to do her routine in someone else's place.

No matter how many times the man said that;

"Don't you think this is the chance for you to get used to my house? You can do whatever you want. You can decorate it. If you're more comfortable in Rika's place, I can hire someone to make this house the same as Rika's. Oh, I have filled the fridge with fruits just for you. If you're hungry, just call Chef Kim. He can cook anything for you."

She could not help but let out a heavy sigh whenever she was struck with the memory.

It's also my fault. I should have refused when Jaehee asked me for a favor, Dani thought. Still closing her eyes, her light yellow pajama felt so comfy for her skin that the last thing she wanted to do was leaving her bed and checking her phone.

Yet, Dani slowly opened her eyes, revealing a pair of hazel color that the man loved the most.

"I am sorry. I can't help but stare into your eyes. They're so beautiful."

Dani still could remember how her heart skip the beat as he just blurted out what he was thinking while maintaining his poker face. She came to the penthouse to help Jumin to feel better. It was not like she felt she was superior and had ability to cure someone's depression or anxiety but Jaehee was the one who asked for her help. Jumin was normally cold to 707 which was understandable since the hacker was ridiculous most of the time and had tendency to ruin Elizabeth the 3rd's princess-like life. In Yoosung's case who seemingly lost his life purpose, Jumin was just an older friend-type of figure who always offered wise advices.

Jumin was just a workaholic boss who paid well to Jaehee. Jumin was also just an annoying rich kid to ZEN.

So, as an assistant whose paycheck depended on how competent Jumin was as a boss and also the fact that she knew how different Jumin acted during the past days, Jaehee was desperate. The woman was desperate for another hand and head for a help. Someone who needed to see Jumin to feel good again without other selfish motives in her head.