CHAPTER 8

And for some reason, as this story developed, it contains a small part of SaeRan's route and Secret Ending :)

CHAPTER 8

The knocks on the door were soft and cautious; unlike those which were caused by Saeran's wrath. Yet, despite the courtesy, Dani wish the knocks did not happen at all. Her whole frame and mental felt so tired that lifting a finger would take all of her. She was laying, taking breath deeply after spending a long time to feel breathless because of SaeRan's abuse. The floor was so cold to her but it was much better than how tormenting every time SaeRan touched her.

Much and much better than the fact that the whole room felt like the circus where she was an animal; abused by a maniac owner for making mistakes.

Physically and sexually... she was drained but her head was still occupied with the same mistake since she came here.

What was wrong with her 'mistake'? She did not love SaeRan anymore. She believed in her feeling. She did not want to act like she still loved him just because she wanted to survive in Magenta because...

In the first place, she did not want to live here. She would rather die than serving someone like Rika. She had a home and normal life out there no matter how warped the world was; according to Rika. How she viewed life was hers to decide but why on earth they were too busy to mind her business?

She did not know anymore. At this point, she did not want to meet anyone, see anyone, listen to anyone's voice...

Except for Jumin.

She surrendered herself to SaeRan and Rika because she wanted to protect other RFA members including the love of her life. She let herself being easily manipulated by the duo and ended up turning RFA upside down so she left them with a hope that everything would turn normal. If her fate was to die in their hands for refusing to believe in whatever craps they tried to push into her until the end, she accepted it whole-heartedly.

Man, she knew how selfish she was with that the thought of self-destruction. Jumin never cared about how others called him 'obsessive' and 'possessive' as long as her safety was fully secure but now, she was the one who...

Dear, God... If I am bound to die here, at least please give me a chance to meet and apologize to Jumin one last time for giving him a hard time.

She lost in her thought before V, the source of secrets and frustration in RFA secretly visit her. She was wary at first and him wearing the weird black outfit just like other Believer was one of the reason. In the midst of anxiety of bumping into SaeRan or others anytime, it took all for V to convince her that he was in Magenta all this time to investigate Mint Eye operations.

And now, when Dani was imprisoned in the room, V also wanted to look after her secretly.

"Oh, my... you look terrible," V exclaimed, unable to conceal his shock due to how she looked like. Despite their distant relationship, she could sense how compassionate he was for her. He carefully held her shoulders, examining her visible bruises from head to toe. Her cheek, neck, wrists and legs were still red.

"Did Rika do these to you? Or... is it Saeran?" V said as his mint eyes sized up in horror due to his own guess. "No, another important thing is..." he took out a bread from his pocket and handed it to her. "Take it. I know they starved you since you refused to be the Believer once again."

"Thank you, V," she said, almost inaudible. Her eyes lost focus as they were glued to the floor between them.

She looks so tired. I wish I could say that Jumin will come and save you soon but it's too dangerous. Who knows what else they have installed in your room.