Changes

"........................................."

Jihu is staring at taehyung with widened eyes and raised eyebrows.Taehyung's statement has taken the wind out of her.

"W-wha?......B-bu??....W-wai....Hhuh?!"

"Taehyung would you elaborate more,you are obviously scaring her." voiced jungkook.

"No-No-No-No-No..So you wanna marry me?!"  "B-but don't you have a boyfriend?Do you know what you're saying?!I'm just sixteen."

"Dude you're just sixteen?!"

"THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT TAEHYUNG" shouted jungkook who is now frustrated(or should i say trustfrated)about how the conversation is going.

"You know what?Move,I'll talk with her."Taehyung gets up and jungkook takes his place.

"Jihu,first of all..Calm down."

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM DOWN AFTER RECEIVING A MARRIAGE PROPOSAL FROM A GUY WHO IS LIKE ...... DOUBLE MY AGE"

"HEY! I'M TWENTY SIX" yelled taehyung.

"REALLY??TAEHYUNG REALLY?!" complains jihu.

"SHHHHHHHH.......both of you just soosh!"

"Jihu forget about whatever he said and listen to me,just for once,please?" continues jungkook.

"If you say so" mumbled jihu.

"So Taehyung's family has a big business and Taehyung is supposed to inherit it"

"I see."

"But because taehyung loves me,his parents refuse to hand over the business to him"

"Okay"

"So,in order for taehyung to take over the company he has to marry a girl"

"So you basically want to use me,right?"

"Wrong"

"And how's that?!" questioned jihu.

"First of all, it won't be a real marriage,taehyung is already commited to me,we'll figure something out to fake it." "Secondly,we really want to help you,you've been traumatised enough and we want to make you feel loved."

"Why?"

"Because you'll be helping us and it's the least we could do."

"What if I refuse to marry him?"

"We would still take care of you."

"Really?"

"Yes,we will."

"The only difference would be,you won't be living with us in that case" Tae adds.

"Take your time jihu,we will not force you." "We will be there for you either way." Jk smiles at jihu.

"How do you know I've been traumatised and Why do you care?!"

Jungkook holds her hand. "Because we just do."

Taehyung and Jungkook get up to leave,Tae smiles cutely at jihu before leaving and jungkook shoots her a flying kiss.They both leave jihu behind them stunned and puzzled.

(at night)

Jihu is alone in her hospital room.Jungkook's words are echoing in her head,everytime she thinks of jungkook,his honest eyes,his calm expression,his firm nature and his comforting words make her heart flutter more and more.She can feel the happiness rushing in her body,inside her veins.Finally someone who loves her without any selfish expectations.

"Why do they care?"    "What did I do to win their affection?"

These thoughts run in her head all night.She had someone to think about other than her monstrous relatives,She had emotions to feel other than pain.The more she thinks of Tae and kook the warmer she feels.

Jihu gets up from her bed.She goes the toilet adjoining her room and stands in front of the mirror.

(jihu pov)

In the past two days,I've been treated the best.I eat on time,I sleep peacefully,Not once had Taehyung made me feel that he is doing a favour or is paying my bills.This was the first time I met Jungkook but he made me feel so secure.Taehyung stayed by my side when I was at my worst,when he had no reason to do so,I feel safer.

As I look at my reflection in the mirror,I can see my cheeks feel fuller,My eyes have some life in them,My pale face has some colour in it.They have had such an impact on me,It all seems like fate.I don't feel like a useless burden anymore.Someone got my back,Someone who is ready to take care of me.

"Is this what having parents feel like?" I chuckle at the silly thought.