Distance

Taehyung looks at his mom,he looks into her downcast eyes and his heart shatters into a million pieces.

(Taehyung pov)

So these are my parents...... The people who endlessly attack my insecurities,who leave no chance to break me. I've always been introverted about my feelings,they never thought once before publicaly revealing my intimate moments.I've never shared this part of me,I never could.Why are they so inconsiderate?I have always loved them,I'm scared of losing them,so much so that I live a coward-like closeted life everyday.And you made no efforts to understand me,you just kept scarring me.I know this is hard to accept but did you ever try?

He lets out a cold short laugh,tears forming in his eyes

"Wh- Wha-t did I ever do?" Taehyung whispers,breathing heavily.His grievous eyes looking at his parents

"Well,ask yourself" Mr.kim backlashes

"I- I worked hard to be like you,to run the company one day but you........ you simply wiped away all my dreams appa" Taehyung is deeply hurt.He feels weak,he no longer has the strength to argue,he speaks in a faint,defeated voice

"I am just trying to save you son"

"Save me?.... from what?my reality?love?opportunities??You are well and truly rejecting me"

"Taehyung I'm very tired of this"

"Same appa........ Same.I've made up my mind now,I won't hide now,I won't conceal anything"

"What do you mean?"

"I love jungkook and I will spend my life with him,with a man" 

Taehyung's mom bursts into tears.Taehyung shuts his eyes as he listens to her

"Then do as you wish,you won't be inheriting anything from us anyway" Mr.kim dryly replies

"I don't want anything,A life with jungkook and jihu is all I wish for"

"THEN GO LIVE WITH THEM" Mr.kim shouts "YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SUCH A DEAD LOSS TAEHYUNG"

"Atleast they accept me as I am,I can't live this lie anymore,I can't live in this prison any longer"

"We won't stop you" Mr.kim blurts

Taehyung makes his way upstairs,he packs some of his and jihu's essentials.He takes a look around his room,he touches his table,his bed,everything once before leaving.

He bows before his parents.As he bends,an oval of tear trickles down his face and drops on the marble floor,All the happy moments spent in this house flash before him.He dreads leaving his home,his heart sinks as he hears his mother sobbing.He has never felt worse.

He starts taking heavy steps outwards.He is rethinking his decision,he wants them to stop him,he wants to run back into their arms.He stops at the doorway,he turns around to look at them for the last time.The disappointment on their faces tearing him apart,Silents tears stream down his face,he clutches the suitcase in his hand and looks away.

"You failed me.."