Rei 5 (End)

Author's note: I feel like the song "The Scientist" fits this last chapter's vibe so well

The whole family gather around the living room, the children are still wide awake playing with their new toys from their grandparents and great grandparents. The twin brothers were the first to noticed Joon and Rei back into the house.

The others started to noticed the couple entering the room as some went silent, staring at them still standing at the doorway hand in hand.

"I apologized for leaving like that, it was rude of me," Joon said, the confidence in his face is back as he looked around the room, making sure everyone is listening.

Then the tiger's eyes landed on Damian's and Rei's alpha siblings.

"Yes, I have never met my parents anymore since I was three," he paused and he earned some sympathetic looks, he continued. "I was a victim of the werecats' abandonment practice. My father couldn't fight off his instinct and had to do it. Rei's father, Mister Knight," Joon called out as he looked at Damian. Damian looked back urging him to continue.

"I understand why you were worried if I'm going to end up like my father. If someday I'm going to have a child with Rei, I might abandon our child just like my father did to me," Joon can feel now eyes on him, Rei's hand grip tightened on his giving him a push of confidence.

"-I cannot see the future or predict what will happen next, but I want to remind you that half of me is still human," Joon's eyes shined into a cat's like golden eyes as his face contorted, followed by his black and white tiger's stripes filling the sides of his face.

"Yes, I'm a werecat and I'm proud to be the rarest werebeast in the world. And I'm also proud that half of my blood is human that I got from my mom, I may not had grown up like Rei, surrounded by people who love and care for him all of his life, one of the things that I have desired to have all this time, if someday Rei and I were blessed with children, we are going to show them the confidence of werecats, loyalty of werewolves, and human's capabilities to love and care of another," Joon approached the alpha siblings, standing tall confidently despite being surrounded by his natural enemies.

"Today, I, Joon Dietrich, sweared if someday I succumbed to my instinct, everyone in this room has the rights to kill me, no questions asked. And I'm willing to make a blood pact on that."

The room went silent at that.

"That's the most romantic thing I have ever heard," JJ commented breaking the silence, lifting his wine glass up to gesture a toast at Joon.

Damian sighed, he approached the young tiger after giving his husband a reassuring look.

"You being here and feeling so comfortable with us is already against any werecats' nature, it's enough proof that you're different than your father, and I admire you for that, Joon," the high level alpha stated, and this time his other alpha children didn't say anything, they now look at Joon with approving expressions.

Rei smiled at Joon's surprised expression as his brothers and sisters started to shake the werecat's hand and apologized for their behavior. After that Joon stepped back and cleared his throat to make another statement.

"The first time I saw all of you and how you treated Rei, I got jealous, I wished I had something like that too, all of my life I tried to do anything so people could accept me and love me, so they won't leave me, but after meeting Rei," he paused as he looked at Rei's confused expression, he smiled, "-for once I wanted to be selfish," Joon stopped as he reached out something from his pocket as he faced Rei and kneeled down on one leg making everyone in the room gasped.