Ch. 1 a talk with wu

I looked at the T.V as the king's top commander was addressing the public. "Due to countless attacks, reports and the mass amount of fear in ninjago, the king has decided that we will collect all elemental masters deemed dangerous by the head council and relocate them to a less populated area where they cannot cause harm. Whether it's on purpose or an accident. The relocated elementals will be taken care of and have a safe place to stay. We do not intend any harm to any of them as long as they cooperate with authorities. We hope we will be able to let them come back to their family's in a few years time. We will notify the elemental masters tomorrow on who will go and who will stay. Those chosen will meet us at the docks a week from now with their belongings. If a chosen elemental refuses to cooperate, they will be forced by the authorities and will have to deal with the consequences for disobeying the king's order. Meeting adjourned." Cole turned off the T.V as we all sat in silence. "I can't blame them for doing that honestly." Jay mumbled. Nya nodded. "With all that's happened with power mad villains. It is a logical solution to move more dangerous elements to a secluded area." Zane pitched in. Lloyd walked over to us. "Hey, cheer up guys. As they said whoever goes will be taken care of and they don't plan on keeping them away forever. If one of us ends up having to go isn't that a good thing. These other elements will be secluded meaning if a villain does want them it may be easier to get to them while they are alone. One of us might actually be good." Lloyd stated. Cole nodded. "I suppose you're right." He said with a small smile. I noticed Pixel eyeing me and spoke up for the first time since they turned the T.V off. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked. She sighed. "The probability of one of us going is extremely high due to something that has happened in the past." She started looking at Lloyd. Nya looked at her confused. "Oh really?" She asked. Jay also piped up. "Yeah who and what would cause the king to decide to move one of the ninja away?" Jay asked. Pixel looked at me again. "After what happened with Aspheera and his powers. I don't doubt they will make sure Kai is far away from the city." She stated. I sat there for a moment processing as the others seemed to freeze for a moment. "You're right! The city was practically destroyed after that. Many people died in those fires caused by those snakes." Cole exclaimed. I sighed before looking back up at them. I suppose i should start packing then.'' I said with a small laugh before going silent. No one spoke for the rest of the day as we all waited for a call to find out who's going and who gets to stay. 

I layed in bed, scrolling through my phone when I heard a small knock on my door. “Come in.” I replied as I put my phone down and sat up to see who it was. Master Wu walked in quietly, closing the door behind him. “Master Wu, what is it you need?” I asked, getting up and walking over to him.  He sighed. “I just got a call from the commander. You were one of the chosen elemental masters that need to be separated.” he said sully. I gave him a smile. “It's fine Wu. we had already guessed that this was going to happen after the Aspheera incident.” I replied. Wu looked at me guiltily. “You wouldn't have been in this situation if I had listened to my father,” he replied. I looked at him, still keeping my reassuring smile on my face. “You were a kid. Curiosity got the best of you. It happens to all of us at some point in time. After all. Everyone makes mistakes. It depends on how you deal with those mistakes that matter.” I replied as I picked up some of my books off my desk and put them in the box I had already started. Master Wu looked around my room. Noticing the boxes I had already packed before looking back at me. “You were so sure you were going to be one of the picked ones that you packed already?” he questioned. “I am the element of fire. It was inevitable.” I replied, grabbing a photo on my desk, looking at it sorrowfully. It was Nya and I, with our parents after we saved them from the twins. Unfortunately they didn't have much time left after we found them. They both died a few months ago, mom died from an illness, dad died from the effects on his body after working for the twins for so long. Master Wu noticed what I was looking at and sighed. “I can't imagine how hard that was for you and Nya when you lost them a second time…” he said quietly. I put the photo down into the box and turned to look at him. “It hurt, but I think we were just happy we could spend what little time we could with them. The three years we got with them will never make up for all the years alone, but… I'm just glad we got to know them before we lost them forever.” I mumbled. Master Wu nodded. We both stood in silence before he spoke up again. “I have always felt that their disappearance was a bit my fault. I should have known it was twins from the start. They are known to come up with such drastic schemes like that one. And then leaving you and Nya to grow up alone. Struggling the entire time. I should have done more.” he said sullenly. I sighed and looked down at the table. “You're not the only one… Nya and I knew the day they disappeared that the last time we saw them was with doctor saunders… I should have put two and two together from the beginning. A-and afterwards. When Nya and I were alone and no one helped us! No one came! I should have just ran from the village and brought Nya somewhere else. I should have given her to someone by leaving her on their doorstep. No one in Coles village would have left a small child on the street. They would have taken her in and taken good care of her. Instead I kept her with me, I brought her with me through all those struggles and all the stress she should have never been forced to endure. You see Master Wu… we all make mistakes, some worse than the rest… there's a bunch of things we should have done but we can't do anything about that now. We are forced to deal with our actions of the past. That's why I never focus on what has been done, I only see what has yet to be done.” I replied more clearly this time. Master Wu stood in silence for a moment. “You have grown since I have found you. Far beyond what I had expected from you.” he replied with a small smile. I nodded. “You would be surprised at how much I do listen. I know I don't look like I am. But I'm always paying attention to what's around me. Nomater what i'm doing.'' I replied. Master wu nodded. “I do have an important question for you Kai. something i want you to think about.” he stated. I looked at him. “Go ahead.” I said as I closed the box and put it aside. “You said you focus on what has yet to be done. What is that to you?” Master Wu asked. I gave him another reassuring smile as I turned and looked him in the eye. “Let me ask you this. Why don’t we all take a hard look at the world we live in. Why is it that we have all the hate not love, Why is there always room for war, not peace? Why is it that no one ever thinks about the consequences of their actions? Is this what it has come to? Why don’t we all take time to think about each other? We are surrounded by so much beauty but no one takes the time to appreciate it. We are all so busy with our lives, too busy to even notice as life passes by, Days become weeks, weeks become months and months become years. Yet there is no difference in the world. Why is our world filled with corruption, destruction, poverty and many other endless things?
It makes me wonder, have we all given up? Haven’t we learnt a lesson yet? The world that we live in, is it too late to change it? Or are we so far gone, that change has just become a mirage.
Let us all have some hope and pray for peace and may the first spinjitzu master bless our soul, Because the world we live in isn’t going to last much longer?” I asked. Master Wu looked at me shocked but I was not done. “If we don't try to make the world a better place, Then it will become a bitter place… A wasteland of broken hearts and broken dreams… A void in space, a place to avoid… If we didn't want the world to improve, Then why would we send our children to school to pass exams for a future career? If we want the best for our children, Then shouldn't we want the best for ourselves? Yet the first spinjitzu master once prophesied of plagues, famines and wars And rumours of wars in the end times… Does that mean there's no escape? Shouldn't we at least try to reduce the number of plagues? Shouldn't we at least try to reduce the number of those starving souls? Shouldn't we at least try to reduce the number of wars? We ought to pray for peace and be peacemakers… We ought to feed the starving... but do we? How come there are millions spent on trying to go to Mars? How come we don't help those on Earth first?
Where are our priorities, our scruples, our sense of justice and injustice? Where's our full portion of love, compassion, everyday kindness? Are we too old to learn old tricks rather than the new?
The old ways were based on the fulness of a community spirit that reached out with the arms of the first spinjitzu master to one and all… Is that fellowship dead and gone with the old prayer book And Church services of yester-year? Or does love live on by the example of faithful friends of the first spinjitzu master ? for the first spinjitzu master knows what we ought to be doing... Do we? And if we don't, are we willing to ask? To find out? To sacrifice? Somehow I can't help wondering if anyone knows what love is any more.. You see, I don't want to worry about that. I don't want people in this world to be scared anymore, I don't want them to worry about what will happen to them. I don't want kids to grow up without parents.. That's what hasn't been done yet Master Wu. What hasn't been done yet is trust between a massive group of people, what hasn't been done yet is helping those who are starving, freezing, dieing. What hasn't been done yet is saving children from the streets! What hasn't been done yet is making the world feel safe!” I exclaimed. Master Wu still stood there with shock on his face. “The world has not been united. That's what has not been done yet. And though there's no way I can do that by myself, I can start it. That's what I work for. That's all I'm working for. I just want to make the world a better place. And I'll contribute in any way I can. That's why I'm not upset about being taken away, Because it's making people feel more safe. That's all that matters." I finished confident of my answer. 
Master Wu took a moment to process what I said before giving me a smile. "That's good to hear." He replied. I opened a new box and put more of my stuff in it with the help of Wu before I paused to think about everything again. Master Wu must have noticed my hesitance because he walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong kai?" He asked. I sighed. "Do you think… wherever we are going… is it safe? What if they told the people of ninjago that no harm would come to us as a coverup?" I asked. Wu paused before responding in a comforting tone. "The king is one to stick true to his word. Everything will be fine, kai. No one is going to hurt you. And we will wait for your return. I promise. " Wu replied calmly. I looked at him and gave him a smile. "And I'll be sure to tell you guys everything."  I replied.

Chapter 1 done. That was a large chapter. Oh well. More for you guys!
Yes another book. But this one is pre- written mostly. Can't wait.

And I decided to do questions with this one.

1. What do you think is going to happen

2. What other elemental masters do you think were chosen.

3. What do you think so far?