ch. 3 rock climbing with cole

I looked up at the mountain Cole and I were going to scale. Cole seemed to be in thought but didn't say much about it before f
Jumping up and grabbing the side of the mountain. He looked down at me with a smile. "You coming?" He asked. I nodded and jumped up beside him. We didn't say much as we climbed but it was a comfortable silence between us. Once we got to the top we sat there and watched the land below. It was always such a nice sight. The sky, the land in front of you. It was outstanding. "How are you doing? After losing your parents?" Cole asked, breaking the comfortable silence. I looked down at the ground. "I could be better…" I replied. He hummed in response before speaking. "Understandable. I remember how I felt when I lost my mom…" he responded. We both sat in silence once more before I decided it was time to tell him.
 "Look Cole, I was chosen to be one of the elementals separated from society…" I continued. He paused and looked at me with glazed eyes. "Ever since I found out, I've just had this nagging thought…" I mumbled. We both were silent for a moment before Cole responded. "What is that thought?" He asked. His tone is calm and collected. "How lonely it's going to be… I've never been… alone before. I've always had Nya or you guys. And yeah sure other elements will be there but it won't be the same…" I replied looking down at the ground ashamed at the fact I've always needed someone with me. Cole hummed again. "I had that same thought." He started. I looked at him in confusion. "What?" I questioned. He looked up at me with one of his warm smiles. "I had that same thought when I was told I was selected to be secluded as well." He responded. I looked at him shocked. "I- when?" Was all I could choke out. He let out a small laugh. "I found out yesterday while you and Jay were out. I already told the others… I still need to tell Jay." He replied. I nodded. I took a shaky breath. He looked at me concerned. "You good?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah… I'm fine." I spoke, my voice still shaky. "It's just… I really thought it was just going to me and… here we are… the two selected ninjas, with no clue what is going to happen to us, or how long we will be gone…" I replied. Cole nodded, listening to me intently. "I-im scared Cole. That's something I won't admit to the others except you and jay because be figured it out. I'm absolutely terrified of what might happen. What if a villain attacks and the others need help but they can't get it!? What if the commander doesn't keep his word!? There's so many possibilities of what could happen and I can't help but spiral into that thought!" I cried out. I felt pathetic. This is the second day in a row I've broken down in front of one of them. I felt Cole grab me and pull me into a hug. "Look… I can't promise you everything will be ok, and I can't promise you that what you're saying isn't true… but what I can promise you is I don't intend on leaving you alone. I'll do everything in my power to get to you if we get separated." He replied in a comforting tone. I hugged him back. "I will make sure you are safe… no matter what it takes." He continued. Petting my hair. "I-i'll do the same for you…" I replied. Wiping the tears off my face for the second time this week. Cole laughed a little. Still not letting go of me. "I remember the first time I met Sense Wu. It was on this exact mountain, right at the peak." He said. I looked up at him. "Oh?" I mumbled. He nodded. "I bet you can imagine how confused I was when I got to the top and an old man was sitting up there drinking tea, waiting for me." He laughed lightly. I snorted at the thought. "Is that why you wanted to climb this mountain. It reminded you of the first time you met him?" I asked. He laughed. "Not only that…" he replied. I looked at him confused. "I climbed this mountain every Saturday after my mother died… it was a comforting thing for me… this mountain is a reminder of her… and the family that was created. You guys." He said with a soft smile. "I brought you here because I thought it would be a nice way for you to let go of all the stress… the pain of losing your parents again…" Cole mumbled. I looked at the view in front of us and smiled. "Well it worked… thank you Cole." I replied softly. He smiled. "No problem, hothead." 

Chapter three done. A little bit of a shorter chapter but its packed with a lot so I think it's fine! So the duo for this book and kai and cole. 

It's not kai and jay? What a surprise!

1. What do you think is going to happen with this dynamic

2. Still got an idea of the conflict

3. How do you think the others will react