ch. 6 time to go

I sighed as I looked around my room. It looked so empty without any of my stuff. Sad in a way. "Thinking about everything?" I heard Cole ask from behind. I turned to look at him. "I'm just… reminiscing… thats all." I mumbled. He nodded. "I have been too. Come on. The others are out in the training yard to see us out. Jay's going to drive with us to the docks." Cole said. I nodded. "Alright." I responded following Cole out to the training yard. Everyone was out there waiting. Nya is still upset about everything, you could see it on her face. I walked over to her and hugged her. "Everything will be ok." I reassured her. She pulled back. "I know… I know." She responded sadly. I gave her another reassuring smile before moving onto Lloyd. He gave me a smile before hugging me. "Good luck out there greenie." I mumbled. He pulled back and nodded. "You too hothead." I looked at Zane and pixel who only nodded before walking over to Cole. Cole and I then approached master Wu to see if he had anything left to say. He nodded. "I apologize you both have to deal with this." He said quietly before speaking up so all of us could hear him. "The splitting of a team is hard to begin with, and it will take a long time before it feels right. However, a team that has a bond as strong as a family is harder. You all have grown and experienced things side by side and never once have any of you thought of the possibility of the day that you all would be torn apart. I myself didn't think of that when I was young and didn't realize it until way later that me and the other elementals may never be together again. I'm sorry yours has to come sooner than expected. But don't think of this as a goodbye, think of this as an I will see you tomorrow. That tomorrow may be years from now but I highly doubt you all wont see each other again." He spoke to all of us. We all nodded. Master Wu then looked at me and Cole. "Good luck Cole, Kai. The future you both are walking into is unknown. Even to me. My smoke visions would not tell me what's ahead, but as long as you stick together. I have no doubt you will succeed at anything you put your mind to. As iron sharpens iron, Brother sharpens brother." He said calmly. We both nodded. "Thank you sensei." Cole and I responded. We walked over to our bikes where Jay was waiting. I looked back at the others who were waving us off one more time, before I drove off behind Jay and Cole.

As promised I drove kai and cole to the meeting place. We sat there waiting for general Hutchins to arrive. Kai and Cole seemed to scanning the crowd of elementals who were selected as I was. I saw Neuro, Tox, Karloff for some reason. Mr, pale, Skylar and griffin. Skylar spotted us and walked over. "You three were selected?" She asked. I shook my head. "Not me. Just these two. I just drove them here." I said with a small smile. She nodded, looking at Kai. "At least we can hang out I suppose." She said. Kai smiled. "Yeah. I guess." We waited a while longer. I always thought it was odd they chose a time this late. Maybe it was to keep who was chosen on a down low. I sighed as I saw commander Hutchins walking up to us all with a smile. "Welcome elemental masters. We're so sorry for the wait." He said kindly. He only got nods in response. "Thank you all for showing up…" he continued before his smile turned into a dark grin. "We don't want any of you getting away after all~" he said darkly. Instantly something seemed off. Kai and Cole seemed to take a step back as if second guessing their decision. All at once about a hundred guards posed out of the darkness surrounding them all. "I apologize for the inconvenience, but you all need to be contained… we can't have you getting in the way of our plans… After all, you're useless to us. Guards… get them" Hutchins finished darkly. Almost instantly the guards all jumped on them. I heard Kai and Cole screaming. I was going to run to them but Hutchins got in front of me. Glaring at me. "I suggest you leave~ and never speak of this to anyone. Ever. Or else ill see it personally that you are buried right next to your parents graves." He threatened. I stood in absolute terror. The glare he gave me was like staring death in the eye. I saw Kai screaming for me behind him. He had chains around his wrists as the guards pulled him back. His eyes filled with terror as they put a muzzle over his mouth as if he was some kind of animal. He was crying for me but I couldn't move… I was frozen with fear. I looked back into the generals eyes as he spoke once more. "I. Said. Leave." He ordered. I stepped back slowly and nodded. "Y-yes sir. Understood. Sir." I mumbled before I turned and ran to my bike. Jumping on it and driving off. I could hear kai and Cole screaming my name, crying for help. I felt the tears pouring down my face as I muttered to myself.. "I'm sorry" over and over. Only one sentence I could hear clearly. It was Kai who said it. His voice filled with terror and sorrow.

 "JAY PLEASE! NO! JAY! YOU PROMISED! YOU PROMISED!" 

I had way to much fun drawing this scene.

I dont think anyone expected me to take this rute with past story's. I mean. Maybie one or two of you but I doubt anyone expected Jay to just abandon them like that.

Questions

1. Did you expected Jay to abandon kai and cole?

2. Did you think the general was going to lie about the whole thing?

3. What do you think is happening?