ch. 8 I promised

I walked back into the monastery, limping a bit from the impact after the crash. Pixel and Zane were waiting for me apparently. They noticed the limping instantly. "Jay? What happened? Are you ok?" Pixel asked as they ran over to me in concern. "Yeah... I just... I got lost in thought on the way home and didn't see the rock infront of me..." I quickly came up with a lie. Well... it wasint a complete lie. Zane seemed convinced. "Alright. Lets get you cleaned up and then you can get some rest."

I was dragged down the hall by my vengstone handcuffs. They had split us all apart once we got off the boat. I don't remember much of the ride. Everything was blurry, cold. Now I'm here. In this dungeon. I have no clue where I am or how to get out. My handcuffs remain on my hands and the cage over my mouth also remained. I thought back to what happened. I regret showing so much initial fear. I'm a ninja, I'm no supposed to let my emotions get the best of me. Possibly if I had calmed down I would have been able to think straight and get out of the grip of my captors before theg put the cuffs and cage on me. I sighed. Jay... he broke his promise. Instead of helping me... he ran. He left Cole and I for dead. I grew angry. Master Wu said everything would be fine! He promised me that the king wouldint do anything like this! He said he would stick to his word! HE LIED TO ME! My train of thought then went to Cole. He promised he wouldn't leave me alone. And here I am. ALONE, IN A PRISON! NO WAY TO ESCAPE! I took a deep breath. Of course I cant blame Cole. He thought everything was going to be fine as well. We both fell for the trap. He was forced away from me. He didn't leave me willingly. Besides. He even said it himself. He couldint promise that everything would be fine. Anyone who did was stupid to think they could promise something like that. I sighed again. This is going to drive me insane.

I banged on my door again, screaming to be allowed to talk to Hutchins. I knew I had no place to say anything or power here but I didn't intend on breaking my promise. I had to get to Kai. I wasint going to leave him alone. "Please! Let me talk to him!" I begged the guards. I knew I couldint threaten or order anything. The others thing I could do was beg or make a deal in this situation, but ill do anything if it means I can be with Kai. Not only because he didn't want to be alone... I dont want to be alone myself. Hutchins walked around the corner and glared at me. "Whats all this ruckus about?" He sharply questioned. I looked him in the eye despite his glare. "I dont want to cause any trouble Comander Hutchins. I just want to make you a deal." I replied. He seemed intrigued. "Go on." He replied. "I won't cause you any problems, won't question you, won't disobey. As long as you let me stay with Kai. Please!" I begged. Hutchins seemed to consider my offer before nodding. "Very well then. However if you cause any problems there will be great consequences for you and your friend." He said. I nodded. "Understood sir." I replied. Hutchins walked over to his gaurd. "Move him to the fire elementals cell. Inform me if they cause any problems." He ordered. The guard nodded. "Sir, yes sir."

I sat in my cell. My thoughts spinning in circles over and over. Its too silent. Its leaving me to my thoughts and thats bad. I told Master wu I think if whats ahead, I never said I didn't think about what lead to what is ahead. If we don't learn from the past we are bound to repeat it. I just try not to dwell on what I should have done. I never said I dont think about what people did to me. I was lied to, hurt, kidnapped, forced in places like this place. As if I'm some kind of a dog. Something to be used. I was used... and I refuse to let someone us me- my thoughts were intentionally by someone opening my cell and Cole being thrown in. "Remember. No talking!" The guard ordered before slaming the door. I looked at Cole as he sat up and walked over to me. Sitting down. He knelt closer to my ear and whispered as quietly as he could. "You good?" He asked. I only nodded before whispering back. "Trapped in my thoughts." I replied. He nodded before  gave me a smile. "I told you, I would do anything to get to you." He whispered to me. I gave him a smile and nodded. "Thank you." I mumbled. He nudged me. "Dont worrie about it. I made a promise, I intended to keep it."

A few weeks later

I couldint remain silent anymore, my thoughts were starting to really get to me. The only food we've gotten has been really dry and we've only gotten one cup of water a day. My throat was so dry it hurt. I felt like I was dieing.  The lack of food and water was starting to get to me. "C-cole?" I spoke up. My voice was scratchy. I sounded like I was dieing. Cole quickly zapped his head over to my direction, eyes wide as a gaurd down the hall spoke up. "Who said that!?" He shouted. I held my mouth closed tightly and leaned back onto the wall. Closing my eyes to make it appear I was sleeping. The door opened and I heard the men talking. "Hes alseep." One gaurd said. "Hm. I swear I heard someone say the earth elements name." The other gaurd replied. I heard steps walk closer to me. "Hey! Wake up!" He yelled at me. I opened my eyes and looked up at them. "Speak." He ordered. "W-what?" I questioned. The other gaurd glared at me. "Thats the voice I heard!" He exclaimed. The other gaurd grabbed me by the collar and glared at me. "What did Hutchins say about speaking tyke!?"  The gaurd screamed in my face. I saw Cole watching terrified of what might happen. "Speak you Tyke!" He screamed at me. I looked him in the eye. "N-not-" I got cut off by my throat closing up, causing me to choke and cough. The gaurd smiled holding me up against the wall. Petting my hair. "It hurts to talk dosint it... then I suggest you listen to Comander Hutchins and don't speak." He said before dropping me. "You do realize were going to have to inform him of this, and then we will see what he decides." He mocked before walking out of the room and closing the door. We heard them walk down the hall and Cole crawled over to me. "You ok?" He whispered. Something he's gotten good at since we've gotten here is whispering. So far he hasent been caught talking at all. I opened my mouth but decided it was best to keep quiet and closed it again, nodding instead.

Simple chapter.