ᵀʰᵉ ᴮʳⁱᵗⁱˢʰ ᵂⁱᵗᶜʰ ᴵⁿ ᴬᵐᵉʳⁱᶜᵃ

𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐀 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜é 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐭�...

𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐀 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜é 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬.

• imagined faceclaim is anya taylor-joy

It was highly unusual to see so many witches and wizards of all different nationalities come together. Unfortunately, the situation surrounding the wizard Grindelwald made things such as these necessary. They had all come together to discuss the matter of MACUSA's heightened magical exposure threat level.

"Our American friends have permitted a breach of the Statute of Secrecy that threatens to expose us all." A wizard steps forward, taking charge of speaking up. Eberstadt was firm as usual, Cordelia thinks. She has had the pleasure of meeting the Swiss delegate of the International Confederation of Wizards before and knew he was a righteous man.

The President of MACUSA was standing before them all and seemed agitated by Eberstadt's criticisms. "I will not be lectured by the man who let Gellert Grindelwald slip through his fingers," she retorts with an accusing undertone.  Before Eberstadt had the chance to respond, the meeting was interrupted by someone entering the meeting chamber. "Madame President, I'm sorry to interrupt, but this is critical.."

A woman struts inside with a brown suitcase in her hand, her sentence getting lost as she looks around the meeting chamber in awe and confusion. Everyone was silent and staring at her, most likely annoyed by the interruption and curious as to what she was doing there. Cordelia glances to her side towards the Minister of Magic, Mr. Podmore, that she was accompanying. He was staring forward, calm and collected and waiting to continue with the important matters.

Cordelia glances at the woman in amusement when Madame Picquery tells her she better have an excellent excuse for the intrusion. Their lack of acceptable manners and respect for superiors would not be tolerated at the British Ministry of Magic. "Yes, I do," Ms. Goldstein, as she was called before  responds. She steps forward and Cordelia notices that she strengthens her grip on the handle of the suitcase she was holding. But it was not all she noticed. Somehow this, seemingly ordinairy, suitcase is familiar to her.

"Ma'am, yesterday a wizard entered New York with a case, this case, full of magical creatures. And unfortunately, some have escaped." Cordelia could barely resist a snort. If a particular old friend of her would be here, he would whisper in her ear how a magical creature is not meant to be kept so it can escape, but to be treated with love and respect so it would want to stay.

Madame Picquery was obviously annoyed, though she tried to prevent it from seeping through. "He arrived yesterday?" After a quick nod of the woman she continues. "You've known for twenty-four hours that an unregistered wizard set magical beasts loose in New York, and you see fit to tell us only when a man has been killed?"