christmas special <3

Harper Reynolds hated Christmas.

Okay, that was a little bit much. It's not that she hated the whole holiday, just the decorations, the music, the excessive lights, the tinsel, and the way it scratched, and how everybody was expected to be lovely all the time.

"You just hate it because Pin isn't back yet!" Zoe laughed from where she was sat on top of the fence post, watching as Harper groomed through Raven's tail for her, Zoe had asked in exchange for food. Harper was brushing with a slight vengeance as she recounted her reasons for her hatred of the holiday. "You've had no problem with it since you came to the island so many years ago."

A frustrated sigh burst out of her lips, "it's not that Pin isn't back yet, he's back tonight, but my dad has been acting weird, so has Pin."

Jade piped up from where she was getting Major ready for a lesson, "you know your dad always get quiet at this time of year and Pin might be planning a surprise!" Jade seemed to know more than she was letting on, giving her a knowing look, but Harper just decided to drop it. Jade knew many things.

"You know you like it deep down!" Becky gripped onto her shoulders, shaking the girl back and forward, "you've enjoyed it every year since we were sixteen!"

"We're like twenty now!" Harper groaned, thinking only of her master's degree wating for her once she returns to University after the Christmas holidays.

The group of girls groaned simultaneously, trying so hard not to think of everything waiting for them back at their jobs, apartments, university, and other friends.

"Whoever said adulting would be so hard!" Zoe groaned, but she was cut off when her phone beeped in her pocket. She took it out and grinned at the girls before she jumped off the fence and went to answer the phone. An angry arm flailed back at them when all the girls made kissy noises after her.

Harper put Raven away in his stable, knowing that Zoe would be indisposed on the phone for a little while. As she was walking back to the tack room to put her stuff away for her, she walked past the stable that used to house Robin, seeing the scratch in the wood from when Pin threw a brush at her when she was teasing him. Now, it housed another girl's horse and Robin was halfway across the country in the stables closest to her university – she missed him; she didn't get many chances to see him recently.

The cold nipped at the edges of her fingers, although they were covered in a pair of black gloves that matched her black beanie that happened to be stolen from Pin. She pulled the beanie further down over her ears and tried to breathe some warmth into her cold hands.

"Oh, shit," Jade swore, rifling through her bags on the sofa, "Harp, I don't suppose there's any chance that Pin hasn't left your apartment yet?"

An outraged laugh, "absolutely not, he must've left hours go, given that he gets here in like an hour, why?"

Jade sighed, closing her bag again, "I left my really cute red nail polish there last time, you've probably seen it."

"Oh my God, I totally stole it, Jade, I'll buy you a new one I used nearly the whole thing." Harper doubled over laughing, "come on, let's go get our nails done. I'll pay for yours, as an apology."

Jade hesitated for a moment, before her smile brightened, "perfect! Want me to go get the others?"

"I'm not paying for all of us! I'm a broke university student!"

- - - - -

A pair of beautiful pastel pink nails later, Harper was driving her beat-up mini cooper that she bought as soon as she passed her driving test towards her dad's house and saw another car parked up in front of the house. Recognising the car immediately, she quickly turned off her car and grabbed a couple things from the boot of her car.

Grinning, she knocked on the door a couple of times.

"Hey, gorgeous." Pin answered the door and dropped down to give her a soft kiss, "missed you." A soft exhale came from his lips as he gave her a gentle hug.

Intangible | Free Rein [Pin]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें