- Chapter 4 -

The yard was busy that morning, the weather was good, and the sun was making the temperature rise slowly. Harper and Zoe had already completed their morning chores and Zoe had already gone to train on her own. As it had been a week and a half since Robin had jumped and James wanted to see what they could do.

Harper had just finished tacking Robin up with a new ice blue saddle pad that she had purchased recently. She was just ready to lead him out into the arena when Mia decided that she would make another speech that she had become fond of doing.

She walked out into the world and leant against Robin's stable door after she locked it. Mia looked absolutely furious.

"As of this moment, no one, absolutely no one, is to be caught cavorting with anyone from Holloway." Mia crossed her arms harshly, and then looked over to a very shocked Harper, "that does apply to a certain traitor, whose name I can't even bare to speak."

Becky spoke up in a monotone voice, "she means Pin."

Harper and Ted exchanged glances, Ted was a kind man and Harper knew that he gave Pin his blessing to go to Holloway. It was possible that Mia might start to be crueller to Ted due to this fact.

Mia went to turn away, but Susie stopped her, "uh Mia? Where does this leave me and Callum?"

Harper went to stand next to Susie, mostly for moral support as it was rare for Susie to stand up against Mia. Also, because she was in the exact same situation.

"You know I'd never tell you what to do Susie," Mia said which made Susie look relieved, but she carried on, "but you have to choose, it's Brightfields or Callum."

Susie started to stumble over her words, so Harper cut in for her, "Mia that's completely unfair!"

Mia scoffed, "well then, you two are just going to have to call it quits with your Holloway flings." She then turned on her heel and stalked away from them.

"She can't make us do that!" Harper groaned.

"Harper, I don't think we have a choice." Susie spoke reluctantly.

She sighed and ran her hand through her hair, Harper had chosen to leave it down today and it rested on the middle of her back. "Do what you want, I'm going to train and head to Holloway."

Susie said goodbye quickly and ran after Mia.

Harper grabbed her hat, tied her hair back with a scrunchie and led Robin towards the arena. James was already waiting inside the arena with some jumps set up. Harper jumped onto Robin's back quickly and started to warm up.

"You have a very beautiful horse." James commented as he walked around the arena with them, "Let me guess. American quarter horse? Obviously with a black undercoat and he's quite tall for a quarter horse."

Harper pushed him up into a trot, "I found out about his breeding when his old owner showed up. He's a pure quarter horse from a racing line and he was bred to be quite tall, selective breeding and all that."

James whistled under his breath, "any idea of who his sire is, or dam?"

"His sire was Champion Elysian." Harper said before she cantered around the arena on both reins.

They had a conversation about how long it had been since they had jumped, and James set the heights to warm up heights. Robin popped over them with ease as Harper worked him in a consistent rhythm. Slowly, they worked into more complex courses with turning on corners and jumping at angles.

"Your training is high; Robin's is even higher. You didn't learn to ride here or train him, here did you?"

Harper let Robin walk around the arena as they spoke, "No, I learned at the Watford Academy on the mainland."