One shot: Christmas Special!!! 🎄🎅🏻🎄

Twas the night before Christmas...

When all through the mansion...

Y/N: "Hey Subaru! Could you pass them over here!?"

Lights were strung up, in a merry fashion.

Emilia: "Those look lovely!"
Y/N: "Right?"

The Roswaal household were expecting guests this evening and they weren't holding back to please. Each room was dressed in festive decorations from shimmering lights to the towering tree clad in baubles and tinsel resembling that of stars. There was only one more thing to add to make it feel complete.

Emilia: "Puck! It's time for the star!"
Puck: "You got it Lia!"

The tiny feline flew up with the star delicately wedged between his paws. He gently reached towards the top placing the final touch.

Puck: "Aaaand it's done!"

The rest clapped in celebration when the bell rang.

Roswaal: "Aaaah they're just in time! Rem, Ram please answer the door."
Ram: "Yes Roswaal-sama."
Rem: "Yes Roswaal-sama."

The two maids greeted the guests with a smile as they poured through the door.

Village kids: "It's Christmas Eve!"

They ran in as Puck escorted the excitable children to the main room where the Christmas tree stood.  The night was spent by telling the stories of old. The tale of Christmas and the big cat in the snowy forest. Meanwhile, Y/N, Emilia, Rem and Subaru were  busy preparing for the next surprise.

Y/N: "Do you have the presents for tomorrow?"
Rem: "I have Petra's sewing set."
Y/N: "Awesome!"
Subaru: "I made Lucas a practice Axe that's safe for him to use. He says he wants to be the best woodcutter of the village."
Y/N: "Perfect! We have mostly everything then."

Y/N then looked to the silverette half-elf next to her who seemed to be slightly anxious about her part to play in this.

Y/N: "Are you alright Emi?"

The girl in question fiddled with her fingers before replying.

Emilia: "They won't be scared of me will they?"
Y/N: "Of course not."

The knight took the girl she deeply cared for by the hands, squeezing them for reassurance.

Y/N: "They're gonna love you! I promise."
Emilia: "Are you sure?"
Y/N: "How could they not? You're lovable and sweet. You have the kindest heart I've ever known. There's not a bad bone in your body. Trust me."
Emilia: "alright..."

Y/N flashed the other girl a warm smile while still holding the her hands.

Y/N: "C'mon, let's go and see what Puck's talking to them about."

Emilia giggled before following along.

And the rest of the night was history...

That was until the next day...