Chapter 5: Your promise

Third person PoV
She was escorted into a room with a bunch of weapons and combat gear displayed giving off an intimidating aura. Y/N fell onto the floor once Reinhard released his awful grip on her.

Y/N: "tell me what the hell is going on?"
Reinhard: "I'm gonna train you"
Y/N: "Why? Cuz' I'm some kind of "chosen one" or some bullshit like that?! Don't make me laugh."
Reinhard: "Miss Y/N I'm being quite honest with you."
Y/N: "How am I supposed to believe you?"
The red haired knight pulled out a sword within its sheath.
Reinhard: "Draw this sword."
Y/N: "wh-"
Reinhard: "just do it."
He smiled at her and handed the sword to her. Hesitantly, Y/N took it and gripped the hilt. The sharp shing of the blade unraveled itself from the scabbard along with a reddish glow emitting from it.
The twos' eyes widened as Y/N's hands spoke for themselves and lifted the sword high up in the air. The purity and power she felt rushed through her veins as her heart began to beat faster. Slowly, she lowered her weapon and put it back in the sheath.

Reinhard: "is that enough proof for you?"
Y/N smiled and bowed apologetically.
Y/N: "Reinhard Van Astrea, my deepest apologies. If I may, can I ask you to train me to become a knight of the kingdom and use this to redeem myself to you."
The two chuckled a bit at the new swordswoman's attempt at formality.
Reinhard: "you may, now we must head to the throne room. However, you must wear the correct attire."
Y/N was handed a kingdom knight's trainee uniform.

(One of the two)

(One of the two)

Reinhard: "I'll give you a minute to change."

~Mini timeskip brought to you by a chibi
Y/N holding up a sword~

Once Y/N was done, she exited in trainee uniform to see Reinhard standing outside.

Reinhard: "let's go."
Y/N: "lead the way!"
The two smiled and headed for the royal throne room.

Timeskip

"The eligible aspects required for candidates for this Royal election follows these: High status, High class, Tactical, Strategic and ,most importantly, the love and trust of her people."
Emilia physically flinched at the last requirement.
"Finally, Each candidate must have an appointed knight for her camp. I will start with Lady Anastasia."

Anastasia: "my knight representing my camp is Julius Juukulius."
Julius: "At your service my lady."
The weird purple haired dude kissed the hand of Anastasia in a "formal" fashion but let's face it...he was really just showing off.
Crusch: "the knight repressing me will be Felix Argile!"
Felix: "pweased to n'yow that my lady!"
Priscilla: "I'll have you know mine will be AI"
AI: "Thank you lady Barielle!"
Announcer: "finally miss Emilia, who may your knight be?"
Emilia: "I-"
Just then the door bursts open revealing Reinhard walking through.
Announcer: "Sir Reinhard, will you be representing Emilia camp?"
Reinhard: "oh no but I have someone else who is."
The room filled with confusion as Reinhard smirked.
Reinhard: "allow me to introduce you, the second master swordsman and knight in training, Y/N L/N of Emilia Camp!"
Y/N walked through with a wide smirk on her face, admiring the pure perplexity of her audience. With confidence, she stopped in front of the one she is sworn to protect and knelt down to kiss her hand.
Y/N: "At your service Lady Emilia."
The crowds began to talk with suspicion and hints of envy as Emilia only nervously smiled and gazed at her now knight.

After the meeting...

Emilia: "Y/N? Are you sure about this?"
Y/N: why wouldn't I be?"
Emilia: "you've just chosen to get involved in my complicated affairs so I'm afraid of it being too much for you."
Y/N: "compared to what I've already been through, it's nothing I can't handle."
Emilia: "but you're not even trained!"
Y/N: "I'm about to be. Reinhard has agreed to help me. However, that does mean that I must remain here for a while. I'll think of you every day and I'll miss you terribly but I'm sure you'll wait for me right?"
Emilia: "y-yes of course!"
Y/N: "good"
She lightly pecked the white haired's cheek. Emilia beginning to blush profusely.
Y/N: "I'll write you letters."
Emilia: "I-I'll be sure to w-write you back...heh"

With that, the two said there final goodbyes and momentarily parted.

Emilia: "wait!"

Emilia quickly ran back and hugged Y/N tight.

Emilia: "please come back to me safe."
Y/N: "eheh. I'll try to."
Emilia: "good. You better."

Finally, She let go of the trainee knight's embrace and quickly headed into the cart that was waiting for her. Y/N watched her go until she was out of sight. She sighed and headed back indoors for training.