3. Nightime fun

I don't know when I started running, but i could feel my legs pushing me forward as I entered the jungle gym like play area. Sliding myself through tubes and climbing up the colour padded walls. Eventually I came to a stop in one of the tubes, using the circle cut-out as a way to locate where I needed to go next. 'Should I go back to my dorm?Should I stay here? Where is sunny?' I kept thinking of all sorts of plans of what to do and what not to do. I was so in my own head I didn't realise that a arm as snaked it's way around my waist till I was pulling out of the play area and pinned down.

This was now the first time I had gotten a good look at the man that matched the voice. He looked like a more crazy version of sundrop, but this time his face was half a moon and his clothes were dark blue and had stars on them. It eat then that it clicked in my mind. This was moondrop, he was discontinued for being too scary with the kids so that's why they always keep the lights on now in the daycare even during naps!

It didn't take me long to get back to reality when moondrop started to speak. "It's nice to finally meet my fragile little star~ you have been naughty and broke the one rule~ keeps the lights ON" he growled, it felt almost..flirtatious ? I couldn't describe it. But I quickly try to explain "I-I didn't turn off the lights, it's just a power outage, I wasn't-" I was interrupted by a mental finger on my lips making me go silent. "Now, now...let's play a game shall we? A game of sleeping lions."

"The aim of the game is to hide and pretend to sleep. So that the lions don't try and attack you. Got that starshine?" I nodded showing my understanding of the game. Still having a mental finger on my lips was preventing me from speaking. "Good...only rule is no cheating. Now. Starting in 3..." he let me go as he covered his chest yes with his hands. I quickly stumbled away.

"2" I stumble onto my feet as I back away, frantically looking left to right trying to find the best place to hide.

"1" I bolted in the direction of the storage room. In there we held so much spare mats, pillows, blanks and even tents.

"IM COUNTING DOWN FROM 20!...20!"  I rushed over the tents and grabbed it. Pulling it over to a Corner and started putting old piles of mats and blankets in front of it to hide it as much as possible.

"15" after doing that I grabbed a blanket and pillow to use for the second part of the game. And that's when I had the best idea.

"12" I started my laying blankets over lumps of pillows to make then appear as if someone was under them. By the time I was done there was around 30 fake sleepers

"5" I ran back to my hidden tint snd crawled in and pulled the blanket over it to hide the opening before getting settled into the bed.

"1...I'm coming to get you my little dreamer~" I heard moondrop taunt before he began to explode the whole play area. Judging by footsteps and distance alone I knew he was sticking near the open play area.

———

Y/N's started to shed the sleep from their brain, to allow the visions of the night to give way to the day, to move from that which
they stared down at the midnight blue pillow in front of them as their eyes adjusted to the light. Once they had they blinked away any blurriness and started to look around them without lifting their head. They are in a bed with Dark blue covers and pillow, they could also see a night stand with a small black lamp with star cuts outs give off a dim light.

The walls were coved floor to ceiling in all sorts of drawings, all clearly done by the works of the children of the daycare. They knew this has they had helped make or remember seeing them from helping with arts and crafts.They concluded that they must still be in the day care and shifted slightly on their side.

It was then Y/N felt it, someone behind them. An arm around tape waist and breathing down their neck. It make them shiver in how unsettling it was. Y/N didn't want to make a move or wake the person up. What if it moondrop or someone who was dangerous and they accidentally started them? That could end badly...She took in a deep breath and tried to calm down. She needed to think about this in a smart way. "Rise and shine starshine, nap time is over~" moondrop said from begin them. Pulling them closer and nuzzling his head into them.

——

I groan softly as moondrop started to muzzle into the side of my neck. I used this option to 'stir awake' and turned into my face and faced him. He slowly began to smile- wait. 'Did I see that right? Did his face move? No no it was just me imaging things' I shake that idea out of my head and kept looking at him. All he did next was chuckle "you won the game, so you get a prize~ wanna see what it is?"

With some slow nodding to how I was hesitant he sneaked out of the bed and jumped in front of me. Making me jump and let out a small screen if surprise before I notice he was holding a push or of himself. Slowly I reached out to it and held it in my arms. For some. Reason this made me feel super happy. I loved stuffed animals as a kid and really didn't grow out of it as a still kept pushies until I went homeless. This was a nice gift.

I snuggled my face into the Of the plushie and took in a deep breath, it had a faint smell of lavender. I loved it so much. It made me feel sleepy... I check my watch and see it was 4am so I thought it would be too bad I laid down once fore and drifted back to sleep holding my new plushie.

As I began to fade out of into the peaceful slumber I hear a soft "goodnight, my dear" with the  feeling of fingers dancing through my hair as it all went black.

____________________

Please make sure to leave a comment! I'd love some feedback and suggestions  on where you lovely readers would like this story to go!

_____________________