8. Party

When I had awoken from my slumber I noted I was still in the movie theatre. I looked around a little and didn't see moon anywhere, I gave up soon enough and crawled out the pillow fort and stretched. I was a little sore and stiff in some places but it didn't matter to me, it'll pass with some time and I still had a lot of stuff to do today. So I quickly cleaned up the fort and jogged back to my dorm, grabbing a new uniform, putting it into my backpack and taking a quick shower. Once every was done and I

(if you have long hair: put my damp hair up into a bun to dry)

(If you shave short hair: quickly towel dry my hair and leave it to air dry)

I checked the time on my phone and saw we didn't open for another hour. So I put on some of my normal clothes and made my way to one of the stalls, they always opened early to get food ready so I grabbed a grilled sandwich and a fraz drink to get me through the day. Putting it all in my bag I made my way to the daycare so I can put my bag in the back room. As I walked through the daycare I saw some decorations for a birthday had been put up and I smiled softly.

I noticed sun hanging up a banner saying 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY =)' on the play area. It was so cute I giggled and hugged sun from behind "morning sunshine! You sure are up early!" He exclaims, seeming to have forgotten yesterdays troubles and moved on. I didn't mind though, this just means today won't be as hard as yesterday. "Yep! The decor looks amazing sun, what's on the plan for today then?" I asked looking around seeing all the balloons and banners.

"Well the birthday will be happening ALL DAY! So we will be doing mostly what the birthday boy wants! However we do have cake and party for the evening! Oooh I love this! It's gonna be exciting!" He yells out, shaking from excitement, I smiled a small smile but I knew deep down today was gonna be more tiring. I'll have to set up one of the part rooms and get the cake for the birthday. I groaned internally as I watched sun cartwheel over to one of the boxes filled with decorations.

He really did go all out for these kids birthdays, I had to admit. It was super cute, I watched him jumped around and make small tall as he ran around. I just stayed sat on one of the many pillows we had. Sun was a little bit of a perfectionist and liked to do all the decorations himself so I was glad I didn't have to help and I had all morning to set up the birthday rooms.

"So sun, can you tell me how you and moon work? I don't really understand" I ask softly, watching the animatronic run around but upon hearing this he stops. He places his hand under his chin as if he was thinking before shrugging. He went back to what he was doing before he spoke. "Well...As you know there are two of us. Me and moon. He can see what i am doing and I can do the same. It's like watching someone through a tv with no control.

We can communicate with each other without saying a word, it's like we can hear each other's thoughts all the time because we are connected.

As you know I stay out in the light and moon stays out in the dark. But actually we would come out at any time. We are just stronger when In our desired light settings. Anything questions?"

I shook my head, understanding everything. I checked the time and saw the daycare will be open soon, I got up and informed sun I'll be in the back room for a sec before I headed over to get started for the day.

————

"happy birthday dear jay, happy birthday to you. Make a wish!"

The kid named jay blew out the candles on his cake. The group of children and adults cheered for the birthday boy. The cake got cut up and handed out on multicoloured paper plates. Once that was all done and the chicken and adults were busy eating a young worked started to clean up the wrapping paper on the floor in the next room.

Once that was done they started putting the gifts back on the table and off the floor, once she was done and smiled on contentment and snuck into the main room to whisper to Sundrop she was taking her break before running off. Some of the kids noticed this and thought that the young worker has kissed his cheek.

"Mr sundrop! Is Y/N mrs Sundrop?" One the kids asked loudly, this question surprised the yellow animatronic and before he could explain the kids started to cheer and ask all sorts of things.

"Y/N AND SUNDROP SITTING IN A TREE! K.I.S.S.I.N.G!"

"You LOVEEEEEE themmmmm!"

"Are you two gonna have kids of your own?"

"Will you marry Y/N someday?"

"Awwww he's blushing!"

And many other things among the chaos. It took a while for a poor animatronic to get the chicken to calm down with the help of the adults but soon the topic changed and the children were now back to eating the many snacks on the table.

————

"Alright children you know what time it is! It's time to get all your things to the main area for clean up!" I yelled out, some of the kids groaned but still went to clean up.
"Oh wow that's amazing, I can hardly control even my own kid, let alone over 30." One the many mums tell me, seeming to be really impressed.

I just tried to laugh it off "it's just part of our schedule and most of the children were are already regulars that come everyday, so it's pretty easy to get them all to fall in line." I explain to the mother. Smiling softly before walking off, saying I needed to clean up a mess in one of the party rooms.

It wasn't a full lie but I was mostly using this as an excuse, I've been stuck in that uncomfortable conversation before and I know she was gonna ask some annoying questions. Plus I hated days like this, most of the parents just micromanage right behind me if I try to do my job so I just stick to cleaning most of the time.

It didn't take long for the kids to start leaving and that's when I left the party room. Once I saw no more parents I let out a sigh of relief and turned to sun and gave him a smile.

"So, how was your day?"