three

"Who's Peter? I, uh, sorry, do I know you?"

"Stop playing, Peter. What are you doing? You told me you'd find me, but I accidentally found you first." I chuckled, assuming he was messing around with me on purpose. Peter immediately brought his hand up to my face and covered my mouth.

"Stop saying my name!" His voice was stern, yet filled with panic. Why was he acting so strange? He realised his mistake and brought his hands to his head. "Wait, shit..."

"I don't understand why you're getting so worked up, the whole world already knows Spiderman is Peter Parker. Wait, did you get a new suit?" I shrugged, trying to ignore how weird he was being.

"Please stop, please!" He yelled, taking a step towards me but backed away immediately after. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell. What do you mean everyone knows?"

This was starting to get confusing.

"It's been on the news for days, Parker. Stop playing around, Spidey." I thought he'd laugh and admit he'd been joking. He didn't.

"That's enough." He shot a web which grabbed my hip and pulled me towards him. He gave me no time to protest as he picked me up. I watched in horror as he shot a web up onto a building nearby and whipped us both into the air. The last thing I had expected when I woke up that morning was a Spiderman flying lesson through New York.

I made the mistake of looking down as Peter swung us both through the air and immedietly screamed. The city streets were a blur beneath my feet and I'd never felt so terrified in my entire life. Peter laughed at my horrified reaction, but I completely ignored him and continued screaming until we reached a bridge beam, high up above the water. The 45 second journey had felt like hours and I was glad to have my feet back on solid ground, but I would have preferred a decent rooftop.

"This is awful, don't ever do this to me again without warning me!"

"Come on, it's not that bad. You'll get used to it. Remember, we've gotta get back down some time." Peter laughed at me once more, and kept his arm firmly around my waist to keep me steady. My legs shook and I was still terrified, so he laughed at me again.

"Don't forget you've got some explaining to do, Parker." I steadied myself as I spoke, still looking for some answers.

"Yeah, about that. How do you know who I am? We've never even met." He pulled off his mask as he spoke, gripping it in his hand, and my heart dropped.

That wasn't Peter. My eyes scanned over his fluffy brown hair and brown eyes, just like my Peter, but with a completely different face. So that's why his suit looked different. It's not even him. He sported a half smile as he looked down at my face  - I could tell he was trying to come across welcoming, but was also still quite wary of me.

"Who are you? You're not Peter Parker." I spoke quietly.

He frowned and laughed a little. I felt his grip on my waist loosen slightly. "Are you crazy? You were so convinced I was Peter a few minutes ago."

"You look older than my Peter, no offence, and he's got a totally different face?"

"OK, so this is going to blow your mind. There are several Peter Parker's, if not infinite Peter's in fact, each from a different universe." Peter admitted, shrugging slightly and smiling to himself. "This will blow your mind even more, I just met some of them in a different universe."

It was a lot to process, but had me wondering if this had anything to do with the odd phone call with one of the Peter's earlier that day.

"So, you're saying that you and I are probably from different universes? That would explain why I have a different Peter, right?" I frowned, trying to piece everything together. "I don't even know how I got here. I just woke up in my apartment, that isn't my apartment here."

"Yes, most likely. That's exactly what happened to me!" He spoke excitedly, as if the situation was totally normal to him, but his shift in focus led to him letting go of me slightly. I immedietly froze, trying to stand still, but my legs had never stopped shaking.

"Oh my God, Peter, please don't you dare drop me!" I screamed and he realised his mistake, pulling me back in. My face ended up only an inch or so away from his.

"Wow, OK, we are incredibly close right now." Peter lingered for a second, then quickly turned his face away.

"Well, we wouldn't be if you didn't drag me to the top of a damn bridge." I teased him, trying to ignore how terrifying this whole experience had been.

I turned my face away and looked out at our surroundings. How did New York look so small from up here? I saw Peter laugh to himself, trying to figure out how to reply.

"I wouldn't have had to bring you all the way up here if you didn't keep announcing my real name around half of Queens," He paused to raise an eyebrow at me, "but here we are, right?"

"Whatever, can you just help me find out where the original Peter is?"

"What if I am the original Peter?" He narrowed his eyes and faked a gasp.

"Oh, stop it. Just help me, will you?"

"You're quite bossy, aren't you?" He bit his lip, trying to stop himself laughing. I'd hate to admit how cute that was but here we are, right?