four

"You're quite bossy, aren't you?" He bit his lip, trying to stop himself from laughing. I'd hate to admit how cute that was but here we are, right?

The more time I spent gripping to Peter on top of a huge bridge, the less terrifying it became. I even managed to relax a little. I started to realise the view was actually quite beautiful.

"Glad you've calmed down a little now. The squeezing was getting a bit much." Peter turned his head to look at me. "We should definitely get going though, Aunt May will have no clue where I've gotten to. I'm also very late to dinner."

The thought of trusting Peter with my life, minutes after we had met and letting him swing us through the air made me immedietly clutch onto him harder.

"And there it is!" He shot me a reassuring smile then slid his mask on. "Don't worry, just close your eyes if it makes it easier. You'll be fine! I... I've got you, I promise."

I noticed a sadness in his voice as he said those last few words, but I felt it would be quite invasive to start questioning him about it. Instead, I just nodded and gripped onto him, forcing my eyes shut before he leapt from the bridge. The weather had been mild so far, but it was starting to get colder and the wind had picked up. I felt my hair flowing wildly around me as Peter swung us through the city.

"See, it isn't so bad. If you open your eyes, you might even like the view?" Peter suggested as he shot another web.

I took his suggestion on board and opened my eyes to see the city and it's people below. The view was actually somewhat mesmerising at times. It was hard to comprehend the fact that this was an entirely different universe to my own, yet New York seemed to be the exact same. Strangely, I felt right at home despite being very far from home. I started to like being swung through the city by Spiderman, which was something I'd never expected to say.

I smiled as I watched the city pass us by and felt surprisingly disappointed when Peter lowered us into an alleyway. He left my side to grab a brown bag from behind a discarded wooden door and pulled out some clothes. He dropped his bag then held up his t-shirt and jeans, looking over at me sheepishly.

"Would you... mind turning round?" He asked, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh, yeah. O-of course, sorry." I stuttered, blushing hard as I turned to face a wall.

There were a few seconds of silence, besides the sound of Peter clearly struggling to get his suit off. He then broke the silence once he had managed to get out of his suit.

"So, do you have anywhere to stay, just until we can get you back to your universe?" Peter asked from behind me as he changed. That was the exact moment I realised I did not have anywhere to stay because my apartment wasn't even my apartment in this universe.

"Well... My apartment is being lived in by your universe's version of my gran. I doubt she'd take me in, she may not exactly buy the whole multiverse thing." I shrugged, still facing the wall. "I can find a hotel or something, if my money works here. Do you use the dollar, or do you guys have some crazy currency remix like Yen-Bucks or something?"

"My God, don't you ramble a lot? It was a simple question." Peter laughed at my response then tapped me on the shoulder. I turned round to see him wearing a green jacket over a black t-shirt and jeans. "Yes, we use the dollar, we don't use Yen-Bucks but you don't need to find a hotel. I'm happy for you to stay with me, until we can get you home."

"Are you sure it wouldn't be a problem? I don't wanna intrude. I'll probably get super annoying super fas-" I started rambling again until Peter put his hand over my mouth, just like before.

"You won't annoy me, you're not intruding. I literally just invited you!" I licked his hand a little while he was speaking and he immediately pulled away in disgust. "EW! Why?! That was disgusting, please don't ever do that again! Come on, crazy person, let's go."