The Ring

Author's note: Hello all! Merry Christmas and happy holidays! There is only ONE MORE PART after this one, but there will also be an Epilogue. AND, I may or may not have the title for the 4th story lol. Hope you are all well and if you haven't, please check out my other two stories. One is complete, and I promise to work on the other :) x

On your way back to the main room, you and Loki pass Bruce in the hall, "Bruce! Can you keep this a secret for now? Loki and I are going to tell everyone at the wedding."

"Of course," He starts walking with you two. "Congratulations again, both of you." Bruce lightly smiles.

"Everything good, snuggle bunnies?" Tony asks putting 2 plates together for you and Loki as you enter.

"I would be angry at the nickname if you weren't feeding us," you say picking-up a fork as you sit down at the chair that Loki has pulled out for you.

Nat is already sitting with a plate, "Is Loki trying to make up for something?"

"No? Why?" You almost laugh at Nat's curiosity.

"I mean, he's always been nicer to you than the rest of us, but...this is a new level," Nat moves the fork between you two.

Loki rolls his eyes, "By the way, our wedding is Friday. You are all clearly invited, though some of you I am beginning to second guess."

Many members of the team choke on their food upon Loki's quick subject change. "Sorry, did you say FRIDAY?" Tony asks in equal shock.

You nudge Loki in the side, "Yea, about that. Can we borrow the roof, Tony?"

"You're serious?" Nat looks at you, mouth hanging open.

You continue eating, "Very, actually."

"I..." Tony begins, "Well, yes, of course you can."

You smile, "Thank you, Tony."

When Loki does not answer, you elbow him again, "Yes. Thank you, Stark," he finally says.

The room falls back into normal conversation, and you finally realize how much more hungry you've been, and you're done with your plate of food before everyone else.

"Food must be good, huh?" Steve half laughs at you.

"I'm just...really hungry after being in that building. Rumlow unfortunately wasn't a private chef," you try to cover-up and sound as convincing as possible.

That causes everyone to laugh and not think twice. 

Bruce also quickly changes the subject for you, "So, it wasn't powers that stopped the scepter from you." 

All eyes in the room go to Bruce, "Do you have anything new, or maybe Loki does, that we could check out?"

You think for a second, "The only new thing is the wed..." You look at Loki and then the ring on your finger.

Loki and the team look at you confused.

You take the ring off and place it on the table in front of you. Then, you take one of the candles from the middle of the table. 

"What are you doing?" Tony furrows his brows at your actions.

You dip the flame to the ring, but the fire stops, forming a circle around the ring, not touching it at all.

After a few seconds, you move the candle away from the ring, and pick it back up, "Cold."

Loki looks at you when you put the ring back on, "I do recall telling you to not take that off."