Arguing With John

-This guy has some severe anger issues.
-But he's working on them.
-Especially when it comes to you.
-He gathers all his strength of will when he has arguments with you because he really doesn't want to snap.
-He feels like he could never forgive himself if he did.
-So, to avoid this, he literally leaves you standing there while he storms off.
-He takes a walk for a little while until he has calmed down so that he can analyze the situation.
-This also gives you some time to cool off as well so it's for the better.
-When he finally comes back, he tries to talk with you about everything much more reasonably.
-If he fucked up, he apologizes.
-If you were the one who was in the wrong, he explains to you why he doesn't agree.
-However, on those rare occasions where he gets a bit out of control during an argument, he feels absolutely terrible.
-He fears that maybe you'll get tired of dealing with him.
-He does a big effort to be a better version of himself for you.
-He wants you to be proud of him.
-Needless to say that he would never get physical with you. Ever.
-He saves that side of him for others.
-But his words can be very harsh.
-He's still in the process of becoming a better person and he's glad to have you by his side because he knows how much you are helping him.