Oh Boy

"COME ON PUSH!" A nurse yelled. Thirty hours of labor and Betty and Jughead's son is one push away. 

Betty gives one more push and she feels a pressure release and that's when she knew that she had finally given birth to her baby boy. 

---

"He's beautiful, Jug." Betty smiles. She was so entranced by her baby boy. She knew she would love him but seeing and being able to hold him made her love him even more than she initially thought possible. 

"He gets it from his mama." Jughead cheekily says. He places a kiss on her forehead and scoots in next to her on the bed. His son is amazing. Looking at him makes him feel something that he had never felt before, it's like a new level of happiness. He's felt joy before but never this much, he feels like he could burst from happiness. 

"I love him so much Jughead." She says finally looking away from her son in her arms and looking at her husband with so much love and adoration. They had created this wonderful human being together and that makes her love Jughead even more. 

"I feel ya. I've only known him for two hours but I would kill for him/would be killed for him." It's true, he wouldn't let anybody harm a hair on that boy's head and if it came down to it he would give his like for him. 

---

"Jug it can't be that hard to put his car seat in." Betty laughs from her place upfront in their impala. 

Jughead scoffs. "You try it." 

"I would if I wasn't so sore from giving birth." 

"Fine, you win." He says still fiddling with the car seat. 

Twenty minutes later he's secured the car seat and hopped in the front with his wonderful wife. 

He grabs her hand. "I love you." He sweetly says, giving her hand a kiss. 

"I love you too." 

---

"You sure you can walk cuz I can carry Nathan in and come back and carry you." 

Betty laughs and cups his cheek in her hand. "I'm fine." She says and gives him a sweet kiss. 

"Ok." He reluctantly says. He unbuckles Nathan's car seat and carries him over to Betty so he can grab her hand and they walk to their apartment hand-in-hand. 

Betty unlocks the door since Jughead us carrying the baby and he's not so good at multitasking. 

"We're home." Jughead whispers to Nathan as they walk up the stairs to the baby nursery. 

Their apartment isn't too big and it isn't too small. They have two bedrooms and one bathroom. The kitchen is pretty small but their living room is a nice size. It's the first place they lived in by themselves and they are pretty proud of it. 

"This is your room sweetheart." Betty cooes as she  unbuckles the bundle of joy from his carrier. She slowly lifts him up considering she's still sore from giving birth three days ago. Honestly, she's wondering how her mother did it three times. 

She looks around at the room they had painted blue and green and had decorated with a bunch of baby stuff. Like the crib that took them two weeks to build because it was so dang confusing. Or Jughead's signature beanie that had been put in a frame and hung on the wall. This is their new life and she couldn't be happier about it. 

Jughead walks over to Betty and places his arms around her waist. He rests his chin on her head, her lavender-scented shampoo flooding his nostrils. She relaxes and leans into Jughead a bit and they both just admire their son, the human being that they created, and the human being that they have to raise and protect for the next eighteen plus years. 

It is intimidating but they are ready.