Foster home

Narrator's POV
Forsythe and Elizabeth, left on a doorstep outside an orphanage 2 weeks apart. Little name tags in their wooden baskets. Only infants and already felt so alone. They'd been inseparable ever since they learned to talk. It got to the age of 5 where they were in bunkbeds chatting away all night long. Forsythe on the bottom bunk. Elizabeth on the top bunk. They'd chat about all sorts of nonsense. They even created silly nicknames for each other. Jughead and Betty. However as their ages progressed the talking became an outlet to let out all worry. 

Jughead's POV~age 8
"Hey Jug, you still awake?" I heard Betty whisper down to the bottom bunk.  

"Yeah Betty. You ok?" Knowing something was on her mind. I had known her all my life. It was just a 6th sense. 

"What if I don't get a family?" She asked down. Her voice wavering with tears. 

We'd have these conversations sometimes. I guess it was the one thing always on our mind. Even if we were happy it was always lingering in the back of our heads. 

"Betts, I know for a fact that you'll get adopted. You're one of the sweetest people I've ever met. Everybody loves you. You'll find a family, who will love you more than anybody in the world. Except from me of course. But don't worry you'll find them. Everything is going to be ok." I was quite well spoken for my age. maybe I got it from my biological family. But I don't dwell on it too much. 

"I hope so. I'm kind of tired. I'll talk to you in the morning. Night Juggie." 

"Night Betty. Sleep well." 

Sometimes the fear of not finding a home weighed down on me. If Betty doubted she could find one. I wouldn't even begin to think about it. Betty was amazing and she still doubted it. My 9th birthday was coming up in a few days. I wasn't stupid the older I got the less likely I was to be adopted. I saw a nice couple come once in a while to talk to Betty and try to bond with her. I had a strong inkling that the couple who came once a month were going to adopt Betty. I could see the admiration in their eyes as they cooed over my best friend. I think they were called Alice and I can't remember the mans name but I knew it begun with a 'H'. 

We had both been fostered and we live in a foster home with a lot of other children so there was still hope for us. 

~~~~~~~~~~Birthday~~~~~~~~~~

The foster home wasn't that rich so I didn't have a cake or any type of decorations but a few of the kids wished me happy birthday. So I guess that was good enough. Betty found a match stick and lit it for me so I could still 'make a wish'. Her words not mine. She'd probably never know but as I blew out the small flame I would have always wished for her to find a family. Every night I'd wish for that for her. 

Betty's POV
The next morning I woke up hearing Ella (the woman who ran the foster home) shout for me to come downstairs. I silently crept down the ladder not wanting to wake Jug. 

"Yes Ella!" 

"Sit down sweetheart I have some good news." She told me. 

I did as she said and sat on the chair across from her. She handed me a paper file and I glanced down at the words 'adoption' I couldn't really read the next words but I knew it was something good, I peered up at her with tears in my eyes. She nodded silently at me. 

"You're getting adopted!" I burst into happy tear. As I was finally getting a family. 

Jughead's POV
"Jug! You will not believe it!" She said rushing into our room. 

"Whoa Betty, what's up?" I said taking note of  the tear trails on her cheeks. 

 "I'm getting adopted Jug!"