Daddy Dearest

Daddy Dearest

"Sir?", I yelled. " That is not possible. You know that. I still have a lot to achieve and you can't just sell your daughter like that because of a stupid business. Dad, please don't do this to me. Besides I'm too young to get married to anyone. I'm seventeen for crying out loud. What kind of sick person would want to get married to a seventeen-year-old? It's fucked up man. Don't you know that's child marriage? I'm not even legal yet. As long as I'm not finished with college, I'm not getting married to anyone. I even have a boyfriend and I'm not going to leave him for any dumb fuck that thinks he can have me just like that. I ain't cheap and I'm not going to lower my level for any man because men are scum and you are an example. You and mom just live like roommates or like landlord and tenant. I and Stephen are sick and tired of it. You guys didn't even get married because of a contract. It was out of love and now, where has the love gone to?", I ranted.

"Watch it, young lady. How dare you talk about me and my partner like that?", he replied

" See!", I exclaimed. "You didn't even call her your wife. You called her your partner. What the hell, man. You referred to her as if she is nothing but a baby-making machine. I'm disappointed in you, Dad", I said laying more emphasis on the dad part.

" You can say whatever you want to say but I've said what I wanted to say. You are getting married to Jeff Adeokun whether you like it or not. And about being legal, the wedding is holding on your birthday so, I wouldn't be committing a crime that way, would I?", he asked with a smirk marrying his wrinkled face.

"You are sick", I mocked him.

" Whatever you say, Princess".

"Never call me that. I'm begging you", I reply feeling disgusted at his choice of words.

I walked out of the room and almost bumped into my mom on the way. No matter how much she treats me like shit, I still have a soft spot for her.

" So sorry, mom. I didn't see you there. We're you eavesdropping?", I queried, extremely shocked.

"Witch, get out of the way before you infect me with your bad luck. And how would you even have seen me when your eyes have been affected by your witch attitude, ehn?  Answer me naa Useless thing", she walked away after dragging a long hiss.

I walked back to my room not expecting to see Stephen on my bed looking for something. Probably my phone. I laughed and waved my phone at him.

" Don't you ever leave your phone for once?", he asked, obviously annoyed.

"Nope", I said, popping the "p". " This baby is mine and mine alone and not for you to take pictures",

"But I need your phone because the camera is better than mine. Please. Baby boo. You know I love you so much and I would do anything for you. Sweetheart. Just do this for your only love", he said trying to sweet-talk me.

" Hold it there. First, I use iPhone X and you use iPhone 12. How is it that my camera is better huh?", I asked? "And no, you aren't my baby boo. We both know who my baby boo is and who yours is. So please, lezz be guided. It's Seun and Seun alone. I wonder how Tiara deals with you", I mocked

and slapped his chest.

" How wouldn't she deal with me? Her boyfriend is a basketball player that everyone in Nigeria knows. He's also a model and would almost be a CEO. He's extremely handsome and he isn't proud. Isn't that just the best thing ever?", he praised himself.

I wouldn't argue though. Stephen was extremely handsome and had the body of an athlete

and a male model that ladies would do anything to touch and here I was, slapping and beating him

"Ma fi ejo pami are", I said trying to shoo him out of my room.

I face my phone and proceed to WhatsApp. I met thousands of messages and half of them were from people I didn't even know.

Seun😘❤❤

Hey Sugarplum. It's another Monday morning and the beginning of a new week. I hope you don't punch anyone this week and I hope you'd also be happy this week.

Love, Seun✌❤

I replied...

Steph

Thanks boo. I hope so too. By the way, let's meet at the entrance to my hostel around 4 PM.

Stephen decided it was the best time to disturb my peace.

" Baby sis, is that Seun? Has he sent another of his fancy texts again?", he mocked. "The guy is such a loser".

" Stephen, I don't appreciate you talking about my boyfriend like that", I replied defensively.

"Okay baby sis. You looked so conflicted when you came back from dad's room. Are you fine? You can talk to me. Jokes apart. You actually can", he said with concern laced in his tone.

" Well, your baby sis is getting married", I said in a dry tone.

"Haha hahaha. You got me there baby sis. Now, tell me what's wrong", he probed further.

" I'm serious Steve. I am getting married to this rick CEO guy. And I DO NOT know how to break up with Seun. I mean, we've been dating for 5 years now. Since JSS2. Help me, Steve. What should I do? I want to wreck the wedding but there is this tiny voice in my head telling me not to do it. But there is another voice advising me to do it. I don't know what to do bro. What do you suggest?", I cried out, truthfully.

"You know say I no due advice like better pesin. No, take my advice like that o. Because if pops and moms go vex ehn, no go mention my name o", he said jokingly.

"So, make I no mention your name abi but if I hammer, make I shout your name they?", I asked, already missed at his attitude. " No worry. I advise myself say I go just commit suicide"

"Two. No, be me send you to work o", he said and paused when he saw that I was dead serious.

" Steve, I'm serious here. Please help me. Should I sabotage the wedding and continue my relationship with Seun OR should I get married to Jeff and forget about Seun?", I asked again.

"Hmmmmm. What do you do?", he asked himself rhetorically, " So, I'd just suggest that...

A/N:

That was a cliffhanger. 😂😂

So, what do you think Steph should do?

Should she sabotage the wedding or she should serve Seun hot breakfast?😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

What do you think of Steph's father?

Who has ever wished to have a brother like Stephen?

To be very honest, I have o. People like them always know how to lift spirits.

Next chapter coming up tomorrow.

Merry Christmas in Advance.

Tomi🖤 and Tolu❤