Personal Assistant

Hey guys. It's Dani again. Thanks for 200 reads. I'm very glad. In just 6 chapters, now going to 7, this book has 200reads and 70 votes. I love y'all so much and thanks for being patient with me despite my slow updates.

Bola in the media above😁. Is he hot or cute?
Now, to the new chapter 😏

Stephanie Cadmus

I drove my car slowly towards the third mainland bridge and I noticed one okada had been following me since I left my hostel.

I accelerated and it also accelerated.

I slowed down and it also slowed down.

"Yeee, gbese. Talo ran mi nise. Won to Fe ji mi gbe oo( debt. Who sent me work? I'm about to get kidnapped)", I lamented in Yoruba.

I looked closely at the person behind the bike rider and I calmed down when I noticed it was Jeff. The bastard was following me after all the trouble he caused in my life in just one day. Today, he would see who is mad between both of us.

I parked my car and got down and the okada also parked.

" Mister man, what do you want again? Jeff ehn, what have I done to you that you are bringing your bad luck into my life. Please, I'm begging you. Get the fuck out of my life. I'd call off the wedding", I yelled furiously at him.

He looked at me with a look that showed remorse. He spoke up, "Sorry Ma'am but Sir. Jeffrey sent me to you to act like him and find out if you're trustworthy enough for him", the guy I think was Jeff said. " I am Bola Isaac Ajala, Mr. Jeff's personal assistant. On behalf of Mr. Jeff, I'd like to say that I'm sorry for all the trouble you've been through today. Everything I've done today is exactly what Mr. Jeff would have done apart from boarding an okada " the P.A replied to me.

I sobbed hard.

I cried harder.

And I whimpered even harder.

He dismissed the okada man and paid him while walking toward me. I took steady steps backward and he continued coming toward me. I stopped when my back hit the car and I looked down at my shoes like they were the most fascinating thing around me.

"So, Stephanie, I'm going to drive you to your house now where the original Jeff Adeokun would be waiting for his bride", he said and bowed his head respectfully.

I was too shocked to move. He walked to the passenger's door and opened it wide and gestured for me to enter.

I entered and he closed the door and bowed his head again. He then entered the driver's seat and wore the seat belt.

Teni's Billionaire played in my head while my subconscious did funny dance moves and I chuckled while Bola looked at me with awe as if I was mad.

" And no, before you ask, I'm not mad", I said before he could ask me any questions.

He just smiled and turned the key in the ignition. His driving was so smooth that I fell asleep. Omoooor, I need a driver that could drive smoothly like this, especially with the bad roads in Lagos.

My eyes flew open when I heard Stephen's voice.

How long was I asleep?

It was difficult for me to open my eyes. I never knew I was that tired.
Or was it the aftermath of crying?

I smelt Stephen's perfume close to me as he carried me out, bridal style.

Are you sure you don't want to have a brother like Stephen?

I slowly opened my eyes and smiled.

"Oh, she's awake", he said and dropped me on the floor right in front of the door like a sack of potatoes.

I guess nobody wants a brother like this, yeah?

" Owwwww", I yelled. "Stephen, why did you do that?", I questioned him while he looked at me with a big grin on his handsome face.

" I never knew you've added weight I", he complained. "I think I dropped you by mistake", he said with mockery laced in his voice.

" Hmmph. Just lift me", I said already annoyed.

"Awww. Is my baby sister annoyed already?", he mocked again.

I just ignored him and dusted my butt. I walked into the sitting room and true to Bola's words, Jeff was sitting right there, laughing with my parents and he looked so carefree.

Focus focus focus focus focus focus" I kept on chanting to myself and they all looked at me like I was mad or something and I laughed when Portable's Are you mad or something played in my head. I stared at the young man who was clad in a simple Tom Hilfiger t-shirt and a Ralph Lauren pair of shorts. He looked too simple to be Jeff.

"Don't be too quick to jump into conclusions", my subconscious warned me.

" Yeah, I know", I replied silently not missing the weird stares my parents and their visitor gave me.

"Are you sure she's alright?", the man asked my parents like he was scared for his life.

" Yes, she is. We're all perfectly fine in our family, especially my dear Stephanie here. She's my favorite child. Some let her brother hear", my mum said and laughed heartily but I knew and I could swear on my life that it was a fake laugh.

My mum glared at me. Hard. And I understood perfectly well what the glare meant. I joined their laughter and played along with their sock game.

"Well, hello beautiful", the guy said with a smirk on his face.

I shifted uncomfortably from my leg to the other while his eyes roamed my body shamelessly and I couldn't help but feel self-conscious in the black denim shorts and black tank top.

" Okay, we would leave you two alone to talk", my mum said and pulled my dad who shot her a death glare and she immediately withdrew.

"Hi. I am Jeff Adeokun and I'm here to know who my future bride is. But from what I'm seeing, she's hot and I can't wait to have her in my bed by the end of tomorrow", he introduced himself with a lopsided grin and I immediately felt like punching him till he passes out.

A/N:

Hey guys. I'm back with another chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

See ya.

Tomi🖤