Caught red-handed

I stood still gawking at my future husband and I couldn't stop myself from staring. He brought out an handkerchief from his pocket and placed it in my hand.

"Babe, you can stop drooling now", he said, smirking. My hand unconsciously went to my mouth, trying to see if I was actually drooling.

"I wasn't drooling, idiot", I replied while not removing my eyes from him. He was dressed in a simple joggers and sweatshirt with a gold Rolex wristwatch and white sneakers. He looked hot and ready to eat.

"I might be an idiot but I'm your idiot", he tried to flirt with me while winking terribly.

"Oh my God. Please don't try pick up lines. Not everyone is talented in that aspect", I sneered, proceeding to sit.

"Okay, let's see what you got. Try a pick up line and I'd judge", he said.

"Okay, let's see. Is your dad Bill Gates because you have the gates to my heart", I said proudly.

"Wow", he replied, looking so lost for words. "Try another one. And please, don't say the one of okra or Pepper. I've heard it too much".

"Are you from Edo because anytime I see you, the only thing wey dey my mind na my head o", I said, laughing out loud like a possessed person.

"Nope", he said. "Try another one, babe".

"Do you have a ring because anytime I think of you, it rings a bell", I gave him another one.

" Wow. It's official. Steph has finally killed me", he laughed crazily almost rolling on the floor in the restaurant.

"Just admit that I'm better than you. The earlier the better. I don chop breakfast for Chicken republic, na Seun remain wey go chop", I thought aloud.

"I guess this Seun of a guy is my rival", he said suddenly looking serious. I mean, you can't blame him. Perks of being a CEO. Always having to change your mood every now and then.

"And what if he is? Who even said I was going to get married to you sef?", I asked getting a bit annoyed. I know he's really handsome and he looked built but shey na muscle go make pesin happy?

I continued, "marriage is a life contract. Once you're in, you can never get out unless you're opting for a divorce and my religion doesn't permit it so, I can't just rush to marry you or jump into your arms. I hold myself in high esteem. I resemble run girl for your eye wey you fit dey pick and dump any how?", I completed, totally off point.

"What am I saying, what are you saying?", he asked getting annoyed by my behaviour already. "What your dad told me was that you're turning 18 next year February and we are getting married a day after your birthday which is a Saturday. My parents have agreed so please stop making this difficult for me. It's not even as if you're fine. It's not your fault. Na me fvck up. Even runs girls look better than you do", he dropped the last sentence like a bomb on me and my mouth flew open in shock.

"O fe ri werey abi? No make I swear for you o", I replied fuming in anger.

"Ashawo, when you are done crying, come and sign this contract", he said flinging a brown envelope at me.

"Na your mama be ashawo. Bastard", I hissed and picked up the envelope. He just behaved like he didn't hear what I said but I saw his eyes change colour. I gently picked my phone from the table and rushed out of the restaurant. Jeff seemed angry and I wasn't ready to recieve punches or blows on my beautiful face.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Seun where you dey nau?", I asked almost getting frustrated as I kept on trying his number. Seun is never like this. He always picks his phone. I wonder if he's fine. Suddenly someone came to my back and covered my eyes with their palms.

"Seun, stop this kain play. We need to talk", I said trying to pry the person's hand off my eyes.

"Seems like you love this Seun of a guy more than you love me", the voice said and I turned around immediately while bending his hand to his back, almost reaching the back of his head. I used to take self defence classes both in primary and secondary school.

"You're quite swift for you size, babe", he joked. He started tickling me and suddenly, I ended up in his arms with my arms draped over his shoulders and his arms around my waist.

"So he's the one you're messing around with huhn", a dangerously familiar voice said.

A/N

Who do you think that was?

Sorry for the delay guys.

See you soon.