Chapter 3: I Destroy Part of My School

The next day

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I shut my alarm off and rolled out of bed. Last night, I had the craziest dream that Goode actually won the championships. It was really weird.

I quickly got dressed, shoved my homework into my backpack, and headed downstairs.

I immediately got the whiff of something baking in the oven. My eyes widened as I recognized the smell. I put my backpack down and took a seat at the island. I asked, "Is that what I think it is?"

My grandma turned around and smiled, "There's my champion! And yes, you are smelling blue cookies!"

It wasn't a dream?! I mentally fist-pumped.

My grandma grabbed a plate of blue cookie dough and handed me a piece. "They'll be ready in a few minutes."

I ate the piece of cookie dough, and fuck, it was delicious. If there was one thing I liked more than blue cookies, it was blue cookie dough.

When the timer went off, my grandma put on her oven mitts and took out a tray of cookies. Not able to hold back, I grabbed a cookie the moment she set the tray on the island.

"Careful!" She scolded, "You're going to burn yourself!"

I gave her an "are you serious" look and said, "I haven't burned myself since I was a toddler."

My grandma just rolled her eyes. She glanced at the time and said, "Hurry up. You're gonna be late for school if you don't go soon."

I nodded. I took a handful of cookies before grabbing my backpack and heading out the door.

I ate my cookies while I walked to school. I had to finish them before my friends saw them. They were just as addicted to them as I was. That's a lie. No one likes blue cookies more than me.

When I got to school, everyone turned to look at me, and I was showered with people congratulating me. I eventually got to my locker and quickly grabbed my books as the bell rang.

I rushed to my English class and took a seat while Mr. Johnson started the class.

About midway through the period, the classroom phone started ringing. Mr. Johnson answered it and started to say, "Yes, he's in this period... The office... Okay, I'll send him down."

Mr. Johnson looked around the class before his eyes settled on me. He said, "Luke, come here."

The class just stared at me. Someone whispered to me as I walked past them, "What did you do?"

Mr. Johnson whispered down and said, "The principal wants to see you in his office."

I paled at his words. I'd never been sent down to the principal's office before. I don't even know what his office looks like.

As I walked through the hallway, I thought to myself, Think, Luke, think. What've you done in the past few weeks that could get you in trouble with the principal?

I honestly couldn't think of anything.

When I got to the main office, I opened the door and looked around for the door to the principal's office. All the while, I felt the secretaries' eyes follow me as I walked across the room.

I knocked on the principal's door and heard a voice say, "Come in."

At this point, my hands were shaking as I turned the doorknob and opened the door.

The principal was sitting at his desk doing some paperwork when I walked in. He had on a serious face and said, "Close the door."

I gulped. I closed the door before defending myself, "Look, sir, whatever you think I did, I didn't do it. I'm not a troublemaker. This is the first time I've ever even been in a principal's office."