Chapter 6: "Mom?"

"My mom?" I couldn't believe it. As I looked closer at the figure, I recognized her hair. It was the same color as mine: Auburn.

Chiron smiled, "Yes. Now that you've found your way here, your parents are allowed to finally interact with you."

"Wha---What should I say? I mean, I've spent so much time thinking she's either dead or abandoned me, I never actually expected to meet her."

"Just say a simple 'hello.'"

I nodded.

As I walked toward my mom, each step felt heavier and heavier. By the time I was halfway to her, I felt like my knees were about to buckle in on themselves. Then, she turned around and I saw her face and warm smile. Immediately, I felt a wave of confidence.

When I got closer to her, I saw tears in her eyes. When I was ten feet away from her, she just said, "Luke."

She wrapped me in a tight hug that probably lasted for a solid five minutes but only felt like a second or two. After she let go, she asked me, "How are you? Congrats on winning your Track championship!"

I immediately blushed. "You saw that?"

She nodded, "Your dad and I both. You didn't know it, but we were always with you, even if we weren't physically with you."

I looked around for a second like I was getting ahead of myself. "Is dad coming?"

My mom shook her head, "He can't. Zeus sent him on some important business. He'll come to visit you as soon as he can."

I nodded, "I get it. From what I've heard, some of the gods can be dicks."

"Language!" My mom said, with a smirk on her face.

"Sorry," I said. "Why are you smirking?"

She replied with a smile, "That's exactly something Percy would say."

"What's he like? My dad?" I asked. My grandma's told me the same things over and over from when he used to be around the house pretty often. Thirteen years is a long time for someone to change.

My mom looked me in the eyes and said, "He's one of the most loyal and caring people you'll ever meet. A lot of people will feel intimidated when they're around him because he's a god. But in actuality, he's incredibly down to earth. From what I've heard, you're like him in many ways. Maybe even too much."

I laughed at that, "Yeah."

I watched her eyes turn from joyful to sad. She said, "Luke, even though your dad and I are so happy to finally be able to interact with you, we hoped you would never have to find yourself here."

"What do you mean?"

"Your life is going to be turned upside down. You'll have to be on constant watch whenever you are outside this camp. Monsters are lurking everywhere, and they'll try to kill you when you least expect it."

I nodded, "I understand. I've been told that the life of a half-blood is never easy."

My mom just stared at me, "You don't know?"

"Know what?" I thought this part was over. I'm a half-blood. I know that now. What else don't I know?

My mom sighed, "You're not a half-blood, Luke. You're a quadbrid. The quadbrid."

"The what?!" WTF is a quadbrid?

"Quadbrid." She explained, "Like me, you're part vampire and werewolf. You're also a wizard, the same type as your father. Half-bloods are only part human and part god. You're part god, wizard, vampire, and werewolf."