Chapter 4: Camp Half-Blood

I stared at the guy's hand for a solid minute, debating on whether or not I should take it. Part of me was saying that I should take it since this guy just saved my life. The other was screaming STRANGER DANGER!!!

The guy, still holding his hand out, said, "I don't bite."

Reluctantly, I grabbed his hand and he pulled me to my feet.

I looked at the limp body on the ground and asked, "He's not dead, right?"

The guy shook his head, "No, just unconscious."

"What the hell just happened?" I asked, suddenly remembering everything that just happened.

The man didn't reply. I could see him eyeing my face like he recognizes me but can't place how. He then asked, "What's your name, kid?"

"Luke," I said. "Luke Jackson."

The guy's eyes widened at the sound of my name, again looking like he recognized it.

Seeing his reaction, I asked quickly, "What is it?"

The guy asked, "Who's your dad?"

"What does that have to do with anything?" I replied.

"Just answer the question." He answered back.

I shook my head, "It doesn't matter who my dad is. He's either dead or he abandoned me."

The guy's eyes widened again. He asked, "What do you mean?"

Getting a little irritated, I said quickly, "I don't know. All I know is that my parents went on a vacation a few months after I was born and never came back. Now can we drop this?"

He nodded, "Don't worry, I get it. My parents died when I was just a year old. It's a sensitive subject for me too. Just tell me one thing: Is his name Percy Jackson?"

My jaw dropped. My irritation quickly went away, and the only thing on my mind was how he know who my dad was. I voiced my question, but the guy just said, "You have to come with me."

He stuck out his hand again, offering it to me. I took a step back and replied, "No way. I'm not going anywhere with you. Forgetting the part that I don't even know you, you just knocked someone out with a stick. A freaking stick!"

The guy nodded, "You're right. You don't know me, or what else I can do. But you have to come with me. If you don't, someone else will come to do what our unconscious friend here couldn't. You have to trust me if you want to live."

"Why should I trust you? How do I know you won't just kill me?" I asked.

The guy retorted, "You're still standing here, right? I've had ample opportunity to kill you if I wanted to."

Realizing the stupidity in my question, I lowered my guard a little. "At least tell me your name, and how you just used that stick to knock someone out."

The guy smiled as I relaxed. "My name's Harry Potter. As for your other question, it's a long explanation. But long story short, I'm a wizard."

I snorted, "Yeah right."

The guy, Harry, raised his stick at the unconscious body before it started to levitate off the ground. My jaw dropped as he transformed the body into a broom and placed it into a cleaning closet. While he put his stick back into his pocket, I asked, "How the hell did you just do that?"

Harry just said, "Magic."

He then turned back to me and stuck out his arm. "Take it, please. We really should be going. Your teachers should be starting to notice your absence."