Chapter four

Chapter 4

Bradon

She stood there with a key pointed right at me. She led out a loud sigh. "Thank god it's you" I shot a glance at her friend who stood like a statue by a door. She seemed to come back to life when I looked at her. "We were just...ehm...I was" "I won't tattle on you." Both of them sighed out of relief simultaneously. "If I can join." They shared a look. "Look, I was in there too" My eyes were on Maya. I stared into her blue eyes. They were as blue as the ocean and just as wild. Her pupils dilated as she looked at me, did she know who I was? Could I stop acting like I never met her? Her long eyelashes swept over her cheek as she blinked. "Should we call an ambulance?" The other girl asked. Maya waved in front of my face and I realised that I had stared into her eyes for a lot longer than is acceptable. "I am fine,'' I said as quickly as I could. "Are you sure?" The girl asked. I nodded "You are drooling," she filled in. I wiped away the small droplet that had formed by the corner of my lip with my thumb. "As I said. I was in that office too and the way he talked to you is not appropriate." I smiled a little when I continued "I am also a witness to the trashing of a certain office." "Please, he will know it was me the moment he sees it" Maya rolled her eyes to the floor, she was so adorable when she did that. "True, but I can cover for you. If I can come." Maya looked over to her friend who nodded. "Let me try that.'' I walked over to Maya and grabbed the key in her hand. The kay slid into the keyhole but would not move when I tried to turn it. "Hold on" Maya walked up from behind me and grabbed my hand. Electricity traveled through our hands when we touched. I looked at her to have that moment when she realised we were meant for eachother, like in movies. She pulled my hand for the key to slide out. She did not even realise it sparked between us. Of Course she didn't, this was no movie. She let go of my hand and it fell to my side with the key clenched. She did not move, I looked up at her and she looked at me. "Please" her hand moved in front of me. I took a step back without realising it. She grabbed the door handle and pulled it down. The door opened with a klick. All three of us started laughing before we walked into the classroom. "Let's start looking then" Maya said and both me and her friend looked confused at her. "The key didn't fit in the door so the right keyhole must be in here" she smiled slightly at us.

We walked around the room for an hour. I sat down beside Maya's friend on the floor. Then I remembered one thing I needed to do. "I never got your name" I looked at the friend but remembered that Maya was a stranger to me so I turned to her. "I am Miley and this is Emma" I nodded at the friend as she uttered the lie. I didn't blame them for not trusting me enough to give me their real names. "Celena, that was not nice" she turned to Celena and then to me "I am Maya and that is Celena." I nodded at her. She stood leaning against a cabinet full of mapbooks. The sun stood low now and when it got lower it reflected in my eyes. "What is that?" I held my hand over my eyes to block the sudden light shining in my face. I walked over to Maya and looked at the little metal piece that had caught my attention. It was a little keyhole. I gasped and Maya looked beside the spot where my finger rested. Of Course it could be a lock to the cabinet but it was in a kind of award spot. I reached to take the key out of my pocket but when my fingers stroked against the denim I felt nothing. "Let's try it" Celena's voice cut through the silence as the familiar sound of a key appeared. "How did you get that?" My voice cracked in the middle but neither of them seemed to notice. "From your pocket, idiot" my eyebrows shot up from the mean word. The key slid into the keyhole and all three of us took a deep breath. Click, it worked. I took the handle and pulled it. All of the books followed the door, it was just a picture. There were no books "That explains why we never read them" Maya exclaimed. I nodded towards her as her eyes stared at the doors. No, not at the doors but behind them. "What the..." I looked over to where she stared. It was really dark but it looked like stairs. I stood up to see better but it didn't help. Celena pulled out her phone from her pocket and started the flashlight...right in my eyes. "Sorry," she pointed the light to the dark opening and as I thought, it was stais. She started walking with way too much confidence. Her light steps echoed through the thin stairs as we all entered. "Do you tap-dance?" I asked Celena. Her clicky steps had got my attention. "I understand that you are scared now but there are literally thousands of things you could have started with. Do I tap-dance? No!" Her harsh voice got me to flinch in her direction and my arm shot out. It slammed against her back and she jumped up. She landed with half her foot on the step and the other half in the air. She slipped and fell with the back of her head about to land on the hard stairs.