Chapter seven

Chapter 7

Maya

His eyes got closer and closer, I couldn't look away. His warm lips massaged mine. I could taste his minty breath on the tip of my tongue, it was a lovely taste. He's tongue slid into my mouth and licked the inside of my top lip. He grabbed my waist and pressed me against him. I pushed my hands into his hair, I twirled my fingers around the locks and tugged at the roots. He moaned into my mouth and a little laugh escaped my mouth. A realisation hit me and a thousand memories flashed in front of me. "Why haven't we done this before?" I pulled away a little. "What do you mean?" I looked him in the eye, "you know what I mean, Brandon." His eyes widened, "when did you realise it was me?" "Just now. Do you think I am stupid, that I would never find out? Why did you even hide it?" He looked down and opened his mouth to speak but I was no longer interested in the answers. I pressed my lips to his mouth once again. He didn't mind my change in mood and grabbed a stronger hold of my waist. I pulled away a little and he started to kiss my neck. I breathed in. He lifted me and put me on top of him. I lifted his head to me and kissed his mouth. He leaned a little forward and slid his hands into the back of my shirt. "Maya," he moaned and pressed me closer to him. He lifted his hands to my bra and unclasped it with one hand. I made a little gap between us and he realised what I wanted. He leaned back on the rock, still kissing me. I straightened my back a little and his hands grabbed my breasts. They filled his hands. He caressed my nipples and the hard tip there. I held his neck and he continued to kiss me. My hands slid down to his chest and he took a deep breath. I felt the pumping of his heart under my palms. He placed his hands on my back again and pulled my grey shirt off. It was pretty warm in the air but most of the warmth came from Brandon. "But you are on your period?" It sounded like a question and an accusation at the same time. "No I'm not, Celena is." I pulled away a little. I was just about to continue when somebody screamed.

"Oh my god, what are you doing?!" I looked at Olivia by the tent, she held her hands over her eyes. I looked around for my shirt and found it, I pulled it over my head. "Fuck you, Brandon." Brandon looked at me in panic and I stood up. "How could you move on so quickly?" Olivia's voice was full of shame and anger. Brandon stood up and started to walk towards Olivia. "Move on from what?" I asked. They ignored me. "Can we talk about this somewhere else?" Brandon was close to her. "Move on from what?" I screamed. I ran over to them and made it before him. "Please Maya," Brandon said as I passed him. "Our breakup!" Olivia shouted in my face. I looked at Brandon in shock. He didn't move, just stood there looking stupid. "You used to date her?" I asked. "How long ago?" I turned to Olivia. "Two days or something," she was staring at Brandon. "I am not the only one who moved on quickly," he whispered in a pathetic attempt to make me feel guilty. "How could I be so stupid?" I asked myself outloud. "That was why you didn't want to help her when I drove over her." "You didn't want to help me?" Now Olivia was pissed too. "I... no," he looked down in shame. "Aren't you gay?" Olivia turned to me. I shaked my head, too angry to talk. I got the power of speech again and said the thing I knew would crush him. "No wonder nobody wants to get close to you, you are a horrible person. Katie probably just likes you because you remind her of her dad, he could not protect her and neither can you." He fell to his knees and I turned to the car.

I walked to it and jumped in. I could still see them, Olivia stood over him and just watched when he collapsed. I looked more at her than at him. Like I had told him, I did not have a hard time getting over somebody. She didn't move, didn't talk, just stood there and looked at him. When he looked up at her and spoke she turned away and started walking towards me. I didn't have to take anymore of her harsh words so I locked the doors from the inside. She stood by the passenger door and looked at me. Her eyes were dry, not a tear. "Please let me in Maya," I could not hear her very well. "No thanks, I would rather live." She rolled her eyes, "I am not mad at you, I saw your reaction to our relationship and it was real. You didn't know we used to date." I thought about the pros and cons of letting her in. I figured that she looked calm and the words sounded sincere. I unlocked the doors, she did not pull the door open as fast as she possibly could and strangled me to death like I thought she would. She opened the door and sat down. "Why did you come here?" She looked at me, "because you are feeling just like me, confused and angry." "Make sense I guess," I tried to stay mad but realised that I was mad at Brandon, not her. "Why did you stay and look at him?" Olivia laughed a little. "I guess that I wanted to see him suffer like I did and now I realise that it sounds insane." I nodded slowly. And she gave me a weak smile. "The day that I decided to break up with him I threw up four times and cried my eyes out all night. But it took months for me to do it," her voice broke. She stopped looking at me. Her eyes went shiny and a droplet dripped down her cheek. "This is so embarrassing." "No It's not, I just wished I could cry in sympathy." "Oh yes, the thing with your mom." "You heard that conversation?" She nodded, "I can't really sleep in cars since my brother got hurt in one." "I feel like I want to hug you, would that be okay?" She nodded and I leaned over the middle. I wrapped my arms around her and hers around me. "I once read a quote that fits quite perfectly into our situation." She leaned away from me. "Let's hear it." She thought for a long time before she started. "When a woman is tripping she cares. When a woman is mad she believed in you and you let her down. When she's asking questions she is trying to gain clarity. When she's quiet and letting things slide she is giving up. And when she's not doing any of these, just know you lost a good woman." It got completely silent except for our breathing.