chapter three

Jodi agreed that they could drop Dawn off at Pickford's before dropping off the girls, feeling bad about what happened with Simone.

"Hey Steph." Dawn said going to the back of the truck when they were stopped. "Yeah?" The younger girl asked. "There's gonna be a big party tonight, wanna come?"

Stephanie grinned. "Really?" Dawn chuckled. "Yeah, I'll pick you up later."

Dawn waved to her friends before walking into Pickford's house, going straight to Kev's bedroom. "Hey it's Dawn." She called, knocking on the door.

''Hey man." Kev smiled letting the girl in. He handed her a joint, which she gladly took. 

"What happened to you shirt?" Michelle asked her. "You guys missed the strip show at hazing." Slater laughed. Dawn rolled her eyes sitting on the floor in front of Kev's bed.

"Someone got mad that I spoke to her boyfriend and dumped a bottle of ketchup on my shirt." Dawn answered looking at Pink.

He held up his hands in defense. "She's crazy man." Michelle muttered rolling another joint.

"Hey Kev can I borrow a shirt actually." Dawn asked, taking another hit from her joint. "Sure thing."

He tossed her a long button up and she pulled it on but left most of the buttons undone. 

"Sample of the goods." Kev said, handing the joint Michelle had rolled to Slater. "Fifteen bucks." Slater turned to Dawn and Pink. "Spot me ten?" Both shook their heads no.

 I'll pay you like Tuesday and shit." Slater said making the two girls laugh.  Dawn shook her head finishing off the joint Kev gave her.

A knock sound on the door. Everyone quickly scrambled to hide all of the weed. Pink tried to brush inscence to the door while Kev sprayed air freshener.

"Who is it?" Kev called out. "Kevin, I think you need to come out here." His dad answered sternly. "It reeks in here!" Kev panicked. "There's someone out here who says he needs to talk to you."

"What about?" Kev asked. "Go get the door man." Pink told him. Slater just stared off, the weed in his hands. "Lose it man." Dawn told him.

Kev finally opened the door, everyone watched nervously. "Hey Mom, Dad. What's up?" Kev asked calmly. 

"Did you order some kegs of beer?" His dad asked. "No." Kev answered quickly. "There's a fella on a beer truck out on the street that says you did."

Dawn leaned her head into Pink in disappointment. Kev ran to look out the window, muttering shit. 

"That guy said I ordered a keg of beer?" He asked parents. "Yeah." His dad answered. "He said it was to be delivered to the Pickford residence."

"This address?" Kev asked. "This address."

Kev chukled weakly. "That's kinda funny, why don't I see what's going on?" His dad nodded. "I think you better."

"You guys know anything about a party here tonight?" His dad asked the group of teenagers. They all shook their heads. "No sir." Pink told him. 

His dad sighed, unconvinced, but left the room. "Well there goes the party." Dawn sighed. "Maybe Kev'll figure it out." Everyone looked to Slater. "Nah we're screwed."

Their predictions were proved when a loud, "Fucker!" Was heard from downstairs.

The five ended up behind the baseball fields, paint in hand. "Where'd you find these?" Dawn asked, blowing out smoke. "There were just sitting there, so we took them."

"Ready?" Dawn asked Michelle, letting the joint hang from her lips. "Oh yeah." Michelle smirked. The pair of girls went on painting the statues, sharing the joint. The boys just watched as every time they tried to help the girls shoved them away.

"That's awesome man." Kev said when the girls finished. Dawn smirked kissing Michelle's cheek. "I know, we're great."

Pink smiled as he watched the girl. At the point he had given up on denying that he liked her. He planned to breakup with Simone later that night.

"So what are we doing with them?" Dawn asked Pink, putting her arm over his shoulders. "It's a surprise." He grinned. 

She sighed and laid her head against him. "Oh c'mon." He shook his head. "Nope, sorry babe." Dawn rolled her eyes but she couldn't miss the feeling she got when he called her babe.

"Well I still gotta head home and change." Dawn said. "Pink, give me a ride?" She asked, hoping she could be alone with him. 

"Sorry, I gotta meet the guys at the field." He told her. Dawn put on a fake smile. "No problem." She turned to Kev. "Drop me off on your way to the Emporium?"

He nodded taking a girl under each of his arms. "See ya later Pink."

"I'll meet you guys at the Emporium?" Dawn asked when they got to her house. "Yeah and don't worry 'bout paying me back, you're chill."

Dawn thanked the pair before running into her house and changing out of her dirty shorts and Kev's shirt.