chapter seven

"What took you so long?" Jodi asked as Dawn walked over to the car. The red head got in the car with a sigh. "I kissed Pink." The girls' eyes all went wide. "Seriously?" She nodded.

Jodi grinned as she started driving. "That's amazing, I knew you two would end up together." Dawn frowned at her words. "That's the problem, we're not together. He's still dating Simone."

"What a little tool." Jodi muttered. "But do you really care, I mean you've done it before." She added, making the freshman's eyes go wide. "Yeah but those were just hookups, I actually want to be with Pink."

"I told I wouldn't do anything while he's dating her." Dawn added, lighting a joint. "Well I guess we'll have to wait and see." Jodi gave her a weak smile. "Yeah."

Dawn took a long hit, wanting to shake away the sad feelings. "So Steph, how's it goin' with Mitch?" She looked back at the girl. The blonde smile. "Good I think." She blushed a little. "He make any moves?"

Steph's face fully burned red. "Maybe." Dawn shared a smirk with Jodi. "What'd he do?" The brunette asked her. "He kissed me." Steph grinned. "What kind of kiss?"

"What do you mean?" She asked, confused. Jodi grabbed Dawn's joint. "Well was it short or long?" She asked. "I-I don't know." Steph giggled. "Fine we won't get too detailed but I have to ask-" Dawn paused looking at Jodi. "Was there tongue?" They both asked.

Steph sent a shove to their arms. "It's none of your business." She said, embarrassed to talk about it. "So there definitely was tongue." Dawn said based on her reaction. "Definitely." Jodi agreed.

"What about you Sab?" Jodi asked the girl who had been staying quiet. Sabrina smiled. "There's someone I've been talking to." The older girls smiled. "Who?" Dawn asked.

"Tony Olson." Dawn's eyes went wide. "Like our grade, going to be a senior, Tony?" She asked. The girl nodded, nervous at her bg reaction. "Nice pull Sab, he's really sweet."

Dawn offered her joint back to the girls. "So, Jodi, that leaves us with you. You got a guy?" Jodi sighed. "Well, I've been talking to Donny a lot tonight." She said, taking the joint from Sabrina. "So maybe something there?"

"I say go for it." Dawn said, taking one final hit as the car parked by the Moon Tower. "You think so?" She nodded. "There's no way my girl isn't going home with someone tonight, plus I think he likes you."

Jodi smiled. "Really?" She asked Dawn. "Yeah, he talks about you sometimes." The four girls headed to where the music was the loudest. "I'm gonna look for Mitch." Steph said once she got a drink. "Yeah, I'm gonna look for Tony."

"Go find Donny." Dawn told Jodi when she saw the look on her face. "Thanks Dawn, see you later?' The red head nodded, taking a drink.

Dawn was walking through the crowd when Slater, Michelle, and Kev ran up to her. "Cherry you gotta get in on this joint." Slater said, grabbing her arm. "We're smokin' on the Moon Tower." Kev and Michelle smirked.

"That's so cool man.' Dawn finished her drink before following the three. Frowning slightly when they met up with Pink and Mitch. He started towards her but she was pulled away.

She turned to see Simone holding her arm. "Simone?" She said, confused. "Can we talk?" The blonde asked. Dawn nodded, struggling to not roll her eyes at the girl's voice. "Yeah, sure."

"I know about you and Pink." Simone said, making Dawn's eyes go wide. "It was a one time thing, I told I wouldn't-" She started to defend herself but Simone cut in. "Unless he broke up with me."

Dawn winced at the girl's sad tone. She'd never felt bad about the flirting because Simone was usually a total bitch. But now she was actually being nice.

"I'm sorry Simone." The blonde just shook her head. "It's not your fault, we drifted a lot recently, it would've happened sooner or later." Dawn smiled weakly. "That's why I have been such a bitch every time you're by him, I knew he liked you and I didn't want to lose him."

Simone put a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay if you for him." Dawn chuckled. "You sure? I mean you're not gonna cut my ponytail or anything?"

"Oh god don't bring that up." Simone laughed. "I can't believe I ever did that." Dawn smiled, hugging the blonde. "Thank you for being so good about this." Simone nodded. "You deserve someone who cares."

"So, see you later?" Dawn asked, starting back towards the tower. Simone nodded. "Yeah, see you later."

Dawn climbed up the Moon Tower, sitting beside Pink. "So you broke up with her." She said and Pink nodded. "I really like you Dawn."

"I like you two." She smirked, leaning in and kissing him. He smiled, kissing her back. He finally had the girls of his dreams. "Woah keep it PG you two." Dawn laughed as Slater yelled at them. "Junior's still here."

She leaned back against Pink with a smile. Michelle handed a joint over to the pair. "So, are we..." Pink trailed. Dawn looked up at him. "Yeah, I think we are."

The pair shared a loving look and just as they went to kiss again Slater spoke up. "Imagine how many people out there are fuckin' right now man." Dawn couldn't help but burst into laughter. 

"That a little bit of reefer I smell on you boy?" Benny asked as Dawn and Pink walked by. "Coach is right. You've been running with that bad crowd again."

Dawn rolled her eyes. "You've got an attitude adjustment you've gotta make right now." Pink scoffed, shaking his head at his friend. "Like I'm the only athlete at this fuckin' party."

"Yeah look at you two drunks." Dawn added, grabbing Pink's hand. "Coach is right Donny, those guys don't care if we win or lose." 

Donny rolled his eyes jumping off the back of the car. "Check this out. Watch this, all of you. Watch me get this beer." Dawn laughed leaning back into Pink.

He dramatically yelled about cops getting people to scatter from the kegs. He grinned walking back with a few beers. 

He started handing one towards Dawn, leaning in to give her a kiss. But she held up a hand to stop him. "Cherry?" He whined. "I'm a taken woman Donny."

"Oh shit." His eyes went wide as he looked between Dawn and a jealous Pink. "You two finally got together?'

Dawn nodded with a smile. "Yeah we did, so keep your hands off." Pink told the boy. Donny held up his hands in defense. "Don't worry Pink, I won't take your girl."

Pink gave him an unsure look, he knew how their relationship was. "I promise." Pink sighed but nodded at his friend.

"Hey Pink can we talk?" Benny asked, nodding to the truck. "Go, I'll see you in a bit." Dawn said, giving him a quick kiss. 

Donny smirked as Pink walked away. "I knew you liked him." She rolled her eyes. "Sure you did."

"So talk to Jodi?" She asked making him blush. "Maybe, what do you care?" He said quickly. "I might've told her you like her."

His eyes went wide. "You told her that?" She laughed. "It's true isn't it?" She asked. "Yeah but I told you that in private." She rolled her eyes. "The privacy of my bed while we were naked, you're lucky I didn't tell her sooner."

"Wow, you're really calling me out Cherry." He laughed, she smiled. "Yeah I am. But uh, she likes you too."

"She does?" He asked excited. "Yeah we were talkin' earlier." He smiled kissing her forehead. "Cherry, you're the best." He said as he started towards Jodi.