chapter six

Dawn sat on the edge of a pool table, a cigarette dangling from her lips. "Steph just left with Mitch to get a sixer." Pink said walking over to her.

"They're so cute." She smiled. "Yeah, it's sweet." He smiled back at the girl. Both seemed to forget about the awkwardness from earlier in the night.

They watched the game between Wooderson and Melvin. "There you go buddy." Melvin handed him money when he lost. "Way to shoot man."

"He got it." Melvin cheered when Mitch and Steph walked over. Dawn saw that Mitch had an arm wrapped around Steph and sent her a wink.

The blonde blushed and walked to the older girl. "You like him, you like him a lot." She teased. Steph smacked her leg. "I do not."

"He likes you back, don't worry." Pink told the girl, grabbing the cigarette from Dawn. "He does?" Steph asked. "Oh yeah, wouldn't stop talking 'bout you earlier."

Steph smiled and walked back over to the boy. "Guys." Melvin said, tossing beers over to Pink and Dawn.

"Guys, party at the moon tower." Wooderson announced to the group. He handed money to Melvin. "You and Benny pick up the first kegs, I'm going to collect the rest."

Wooderson paused by Dawn and Pink. "Spread the word." Both nodded. "You got it Wood." Dawn told him, hopping off the table.

"We're getting O'bannion back." Mitch told the two seniors. "What's the plan?" Dawn asked with a smirk.

After Mitch told them Dawn and Steph walked past O'bannion's pool table. "So, did you hear they're busting Carl Burnett out back?" Steph asked her.

"What'd she just say?" O'bannion asked Dawn. "About what?" She played clueless. "Carl Burnette." He said impatient. "Heard he's getting busted."

O'bannion grinned calling over to Benny. Dawn turned to Steph and high-fived her once the guy was gone.

"You coming?" Pink asked as he and Steph headed towards the door. "I'll meet you guys out there, keep her with you." Dawn told them when she saw Donnie talking to Mitch.

Pink nodded making sure to keep close to Steph.

"You want her? Gott aplay it cool you know." She heard Donnie say. "Can't let her know how much you like her. If she knows, she'll dump ya like that."

"Who we talking about?" She asked Donnie. "Steph." He said, earning a smack from Mitch. "Dude?"

Dawn chuckled. "She likes you Mitch." The boy grinned and Donnie continued on with his advice.

"Like if she asks you to ride out there with her, you say somethin' like, 'Nah, got my own ride, but maybe I'll see ya later'." He told the boy and Dawn rolled her eyes. "Sounds stupid doesn't it? It works."

"Oh please." Dawn laughed. Donnie gave her a look. "I'd keep your mouth shut Cherry, it worked on you." He smirked.

Mitch stared at the two in confusion. "Wait you two are....?" Dawn shook her head. "No way in hell."

"What you'll screw me but you won't date me? I'm hurt." Donnie said sarcastically. Dawn rolled her eyes. "Okay cause Pink-" Mitch started but stopped. "Pink what?"

Mitch stuttered. "Uh nothing, we better get out there before it's over." He rushing out.

Dawn and Donnie both just shrugged before following him outside. "I would like to dedicate his first lick to your mother...Fucker!" O'bannon yelled winding up.

"Oh not yet." He taunted. "Oh it's getting warmer." He winded up again when something dripped on him. "What the fuck?"

Carl ran away as more more paint dumped down. "Remember me you pig?" A freshman squealed before pouring the rest of the bucket onto him.

"What the fuck are you looking at?" He yelled at someone. Everyone watched with big smiled, no one liked O'bannion. "Kick your fucking ass right now!"

Steph and Mitch shared a grin. "What are you smiling at freshman faggots, huh?" O'bannion yelled shoving them both.

"Back off O'bannion." Dawn snapped stepping in front of him. "Oh fuck you slut." He spit. She scoffed, stepping closer to him and punching him in the face.

O'bannion stumbled back at the impact. When he looked up blood gushed from his nose. "You're dead!" He shouted starting towards the girl.

"Cool it O'bannion." Pink cut in, Donnie by his side. "Not gonna hit a girl are you?"

He huffed but left the group. "Oh my God that was amazing." Steph told the girl. Dawn chuckled. "He deserved it, you guys okay?" They both nodded.

"That was badass Cherry." Donnie told the girl as he headed back towards the building. "Pretty hot too."

"You okay?" Pink asked the girl as everyone left. "Yeah, thanks for stepping in though. Wouldn't put it past O'bannion to hit a girl." She chuckled lightly.

Pink nodded along. "Yeah. Donnie was right though." Dawn smirked. "That it was hot or that it was badass?"

"Both." Pink told her. Once again she felt herself waiting nervously for his next move. He stepped closer, backing her against the side of the building. "

Pink." She whispered out. He held her cheek before leaning down and kissing her. 

She kissed him back, shocked that he really did like her. But then she remembered he still had a girlfriend.

"Pink we can't." She said pushing the boy away. "Dawn, I really like you." He told her. "Yeah and you have a girlfriend." She said sharply. Before he could respond she started walking away. "I can't do this."