1: 09

[Rebecca, nearly age 4, and Evelyn, nearly age 7, above]

Late 1944/Early 1945

Captain America and his Howling Commandos fought HYDRA.

While watching a movie of Captain America and his Howling Commandos, Bucky appeared on screen next to Steve.

Peggy noticed a picture of herself in Steve's compass. Madeleine, Evelyn and Rebecca appeared in Bucky's compass. Colonel Phillips and Madeleine glanced at Peggy and she looked away with a small smile.

Evelyn grinned and pointed to the screen. "Look! There's Papa!"

"And Mama, me and you in Papa's piture watch!" Rebecca added.

Madeleine chuckled and nodded. "That's right, you two."

---

Bucky walked up to Madeleine and asked, "Are you ready, doll? You don't have to do this."

Madeleine took his hand. "I know I don't, but I want to. I'm ready. Peggy and Howard are going to watch the girls."

Rebecca ran up and hugged her mother tightly. "Love you, Mama."

Madeleine returned her hug. "I'll see you soon, Becca. I love you too. Be good, okay?"

Rebecca nodded, then hugged her father. "Love you, Papa."

Bucky smiled as he hugged her. "I love you more."

Evelyn hugged her parents, then ran to see what Howard was working on.

---

Bucky, Madeleine and Steve were on a snow-covered mountain while the Howling Commandos prepared to zipline onto the train.

"Remember when I made you and Maddi ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah, and I threw up and she panicked?" Steve replied.

"This is payback, isn't it?"

"Now why would I do that?"

The corner of Madeleine's lips twitched and a small smile formed. "Oh, it's most certainly payback, Buck. Just please promise you'll never do that to me or the girls."

Bucky kissed her temple and smiled. "Never, doll."

"Good." She took off the watch Bucky had given her for their first anniversary. "I need you to keep this safe for me."

Bucky frowned as she placed the watch in his hand. "Wouldn't it be safer on you, Maddi?"

Madeleine's gaze bore into Bucky's. "Please. Just trust me on this."

"I do trust you." He took the watch. "Don't leave me or the girls."

"I have every intention not to."

He kissed her again. "Good. Are you ready?"

She looked out across the snowy landscape and sighed. "As ready as I'll ever be." She handed Steve an envelope and said softly, "Keep this safe. And if... Give it to Bucky and the girls."

Steve nodded and glanced at his friends before gazing out across the white mountainous valley.

"We were right," Gabe Jones said. "Dr. Zola's on the train. HYDRA dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad."

"Let's get going, because they're moving like the devil," James Montgomery warned.

"We only got about a ten-second window," Steve informed. "You miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield."