Chapter 2: The Person In The Room

**In case you didn't know or forgot, this is a quirkless AU :) I can't remember myself if I said that before or not 😅**

All day I couldn't shake off a weird feeling that followed me everywhere for the past week. I kept telling myself that it was probably some new girl that would be following Denki to his apartment again. He was currently on a trip for the week so he'd be back tomorrow. 

I sat at my desk, which was pretty messy, with a pencil near my mouth. My foot tapped to a forming beat inside my head as I studied for my classes. It was our second year in college this time around and the pressure and workload was real. Sometimes I wondered where Denki got all the time to skip a week for enjoyment almost every month...

As I kept trying to study for my midterms though, I realized exactly how tired I had become.

Sleep hasn't came to me like it usually did. I've been kept up late nights by the lamp light on my desk and the books and notes sitting in front of me. Sometimes when I had nights like this I just wanted to toss all my books on the ground and sleep for once. It's not like I haven't done that before anyways.

But right now I was too exhausted to even try doing that.

I banged my head on my desk instead. And dang, that didn't do much except causing me pain.

"I'm tirrrrrred!" I cried to myself. Sometimes I didn't like studying. Well, I mean like, I didn't study much-

My eyes shifted to my phone that sat next to my left hand. I brought my full attention to it and left whatever attention I had on my books behind.

I picked it up in my hands and started scrolling through Dotify and checking out my playlists I created for me myself. I winded up putting the entire thing on shuffle though and let every song play as it pleased.

Grabbing my nearby earphones, I put music on play and soon I unexpectedly found myself asleep, drifted off into my dreams of sleep during sleep.

***

"Friends to lovers songs again? That's kind of cute considering how every time I catch her asleep that she always has these songs playing." Someone found himself soon enough inside Jiro's room. He had grabbed the only other chair in the dorm, the one that belonged to one of her roommates, and sat behind her and watched as she slept.

"Denki!~ Where are you?" A voice from the hallway called out to the one who was inside the room.

"Shoot-" he gritted his teeth until he remembered that the woman outside wouldn't come inside this dorm and it might as well be the last place she'd check. "She'll never find me in here anyways," he said to himself.

His eyes followed the earphone's wire down to the phone that was the key to the music. One of the earphones laid free, available for use, and of course Kaminari took a chance at listening in. Jiro wasn't the only one who liked music after all and plus, she would always let him listen in with her when she was awake (and asleep).

"I wonder what she's listening to..." he spoke to myself aloud in a whisper so she wouldn't wake up. As he listened in to what Jiro was listening to, or what she had on shuffle as Kaminari found that out soon afterwards, he started tapping his foot and singing softly whatever lyrics came on.

"But it matters~ 'cause you'll always be my main character. You'll always be...."

"Keep me silent when I try to speak.…."

" Something old, something new, something borrows, something blue, I'll be waiting 'til I hear you say-...."

"Because I see the stars~ in the freckles on her face..."

"And I know it sounds crazy that you'll be my-"

As he neared the end of the last line of the song, to his side Jiro started to store awake. She opened up her eyes and stretched without noticing her best friend who sat right next to her. The only time she noticed was when she felt the tug of her earphones fall onto her desk.

"Huh-" she turned to her side as her eyes went wide when she saw Kaminari sitting right beside her. DENKI WHAT THE HECK!?" As a reflex she swung her arm which hit him square in the face.

"KYOKA! OW!?" But inside and out they both laughed at and with each other. "It's great to be back, Kyoka."

"Nice to see you back." But then she thought of the question that was lingering in the back of her head that she brought up to her mouth to speak it. "Weren't you supposed to be back tomorrow?"

When she asked the question, Kaminari seemed to grow a bit uncomfortable. "Y-yeah but there was a change in plans that...I kind of regret-"

"DENKI!! THERE YOU ARE!" A woman in a skin tight pair of shorts and a white crop top came into the doorframe. "I've been looking everywhere for you!?"

'Denki?' Kyoka thought. 'This is the woman he brings back this time and first names already? They haven't even known- they probably just met yesterday =_- '

But Jiro noticed how uneasy the woman in the doorframe made him. This was different though. It was a mixture of of and of....

Regret.

She studied the lady with close eyes to see if what she thought was true. Of why Denki would regret coming home early.

"Oh no-" she turned to her friend who stared back at her with sad eyes full of regret just like he said he had.

"Kyoka...meet my fiancee..." And if it wasn't for the slow realization of someone she knew getting plastic surgery, she would have thought she didn't know this person. She knew the woman and her best friend was going to marry her.

"Y-you're engaged?!"

Thank you for reading this chapter! Since New Years is coming up I decided that I'm going to try to get out the next chapter then to celebrate!

Featured songs:
-Main Character by Zach Hood
-Overwhelmed by Royal and the Serpents
-I Do by 911
-Her Love Is My Religion by The Cab
-I Fell In Love With My Best Friend (Nightcore version)