Part 11

AN: Pretty sure this will be the final chapter of this fanfic. I have absolutely no were to go with it and honestly i'm really bored with this story. I have a merder fic I have been slowly but surly working on and adding little details to everyday whenever I can, so that one should be up shortly. It may or may not have something to do with Derek "going to D.C." like he "did" in 11x21. Stay tuned for more!!!

Meredith's POV:

It's been a 8 months since the girls were born. We've settled in a routine with all 4 of the kids. I end up getting up with the girls, at around 6:30, then Zola wakes up around 7 and Bailey wakes up around 7:45. Derek leaves for work usually at 8, maybe 9 on a good morning. I've been staying home simply because I don't feel ready to go back, I laugh about it because I always said I wouldn't be that mom, that doesn't want their kid in daycare when they're 8 months old. Days are pretty long, all I do is laundry, change diapers, clean the house just to have it ruined the second Zola and Bailey come home school and daycare, then feeding people and then it just repeats itself.

I was making dinner one night, while the twins were in their swings in the living room, when Derek walked in the doors with the kids, Zola's in Kindergarten now, and Derek picks her up during his lunch break and brings her to the daycare while he's still working to keep her busy and out of my hair for a couple more hours.

"Hey." he said as he walked in the house and set Bailey down to play with Zola in the living room before walking in the kitchen and leaning on the counter next to where I was cooking. "What are ya making for dinner?" He asked.

"Well considering the kids don't eat normal food, i was thinking, pasta and sauce for us, and chicken nuggets and maybe pasta for the kids." I replied.

"Sounds good. I have something I need to talk to you about tonight." He said in his "it's a big decision that i'm petrified to make" voice.

"Okay, should I be concerned?" I asked.

"I mean maybe, maybe not. We'll see i'm not too concerned about it."

"Alrighty, well I have a little something to tell you too."

"Well, all the news shall be shared after we eat tonight." Derek said before walking away to go entertain the kids for me while I was finishing making dinner for everyone.

Dinner came and past, we had no trouble feeding the kids, they ate all their dinner including the past which is a rare event for the kids, they are convinced the pasta is worms and the pasta sauce is blood. I guess the whole worm thing is a typical kid issue but the blood part has to come from the fact that they are being raised in a surgeon medical household. We bathed all 4 kids and put them down, in less than an hour. Zola and the twins typically don't give us trouble when it comes to bedtime, Bailey has problems falling asleep and every single night ends up in our room, whether we want him to or not.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked Derek as we were cleaning up the dishes from dinner which had been sitting in the sink soaking so we could clean them easier.

"It's more of a sit down talk." He replied. I knew what that meant, big decisions. I don't like making them. They scare me almost as badly as they scare him. It's a rare occurrence that we have to make huge decisions, but when we do, it always ends up in arguing which just flat out sucks.

"Okay... well then let's sit down, the anticipation's killing me slowly." I said back to him.

We sat at the kitchen table. We were facing each other and you could tell Derek was almost blue in the face, which made me nervous. All I could think about was that someone had died, or that he was fired, or the hospital was going through a mass chaos because I wasn't around to babysit the interns and put them in their places.

"What is wrong please talk to me before I go insane." I said to him after we were sitting at the table for a good 10 minutes.

"The president called me again. What's your news?" He asked.

"I'm pregnant."

AN: Well i'm leaving y'all with two cliff hangers!!! This isn't the way I was anticipating on ending this story, but i'm happy with it!! I'm making a sequel to this so make sure you're on the lookout for it within the next couple of days. I have around 500 words typed out for it already, which is a lot for the first chapter of a fanfic. I'll send out a post to everyone's notifications when i'm about upload it! (make sure you're following me so you'll get the notification!!!) If you enjoyed this fanfic and you're looking for more like this you'll definitely be interested in the sequel to this. I loved writing this story. It was the first story I ever wrote and published on here. I have grown to love writing more and more because of this website and this fanfic. I am incredibly grateful for all of y'all who stuck around, and read the whole thing, who liked every chapter and who commented things on my chapters. It always made my day reading your comments and knowing you wanted more. You guys are the reason this fanfic is what it was and I just want y'all to know how grateful I am for you!! Here's to more fanfic writing in the future!!

xoxo,

Mackenzi

(p.s. I have 2 other fanfics I have up right now, an Alex and Izzie fanfic, and a Meredith and Alex fanfic which is based off of the episode "if/then" which was beautifully written and I wanted to continue on with the storyline)