Chapter 2

Meredith's POV:

It had been a little over 2 months since Derek and I have been trying to have another baby. I've taken countless pregnancy tests and every time they would come out negative. But I had a good feeling about this time. I actually had a really good feeling. As I'm waiting for the timer to beep, all I can think is what happens if it comes out positive? What if it comes out negative? I just kept saying these questions through my head. And then the timer beeped.

"Oh. My. God. Oh my god oh my god oh my god." I said to myself as I ran into mine and Derek's bedroom. I sit on the bed next to where Derek is sleeping and start hitting him trying to wake him up.

"Derek. Derek. Derek. Wake up. Derek."

"Ugh... What is it Meredith? This better be good, waking me up early on a day that I'm off."

"Shut up, and sit up."

"What's going on?" He says as he sits up and notices that I have something in my hand. "What's in your hand?" I start smiling and immediately he knows what's going on. "Wait... You're pregnant aren't you?"

"Maybe."

"Oh my god, you're pregnant."

"Okay, yes I'm pregnant. But you can't tell anyone."

"I won't. You're seriously pregnant?" He said still smiling

"I'm serious. I'm totally serious"

"We're gonna be parents again. Meredith, we're really going to have another baby."

"We really are." I say smiling. "But I have something serious to ask you."

"Ask away."

"Can we bring Addie back? We need another OB at the hospital and she's one of the best, and I want the best."

"You deserve the best, so as long as the board agrees..."

"Thank you so much. I'll talk to them at work today, and I'll call Addison later."

"Perfect, have a good day, and don't push yourself okay?"

"Okay, I love you" As I'm leaving I walk into the kids room and check on them, and then drive to work. As soon as I get there. I page everyone on the board to come to the board room. As soon as everyone gets there, I bring up Addison.

"Okay, so I've noticed that we need a new OB and I was talking to Derek and we both thought that asking Addison to come back would be a good idea, and we just wanted to run it by you guys to make sure it was okay."

"Are you sure about brining her back? I mean I know you guys are friends, but are you sure it's a good idea?" Asks Cristina.

"I'm positive, I'm not thinking about personal... never mind it's a good idea, I'm sure of it."

"All in favor." Says Jackson everyone says I

"Okay and with that, I'll call Addison up later and let her know. Thanks guys." Everyone leaves except Cristina.

"Meredith, what's going on? Why would you want to bring Addison back now? What are you pregnant?" She asks in a joking way.

I had no idea what to say.

"Oh my god you're pregnant again aren't you? Meredith Grey."

"Okay, I'm pregnant, but I'm not suppose to tell anyone."

"I.. I... are we happy about this?"

"Yeah.. I mean we were actually trying for a while."

"If you guys are happy, I'm happy. This is very adult of you, I'm proud of you Meredith Grey."

"I'm proud of me too." I said grinning. "I have surgery, but do you want to meet up for lunch at let's say... 11?"

"That's perfect. Go have fun cutting people open while you still can."

With that, I go up to the surgical unit and meet my OR team.

Derek's POV:

I was in the middle of cooking the kids breakfast when I heard my phone go off

Text from Cristina Yang:

"Congrats Daddy. Meredith just told me."

Text to Cristina Yang:

"Thanks. She wasn't suppose to tell anyone, but thank you."

I went back to making the kids breakfast, and after they were done eating, I took them outside and we played for a while.

Meredith's POV:

After my surgery finished, I went to the cafeteria to meet Cristina. On my way there I called Addison.

"Hello."

"Hey, it's Meredith."

"Oh, hi Meredith. How are you?"

"I'm good, I have a question, well the board has a question."

"And that question is...?"

"Will you come back and work for us? We need a new OB and I'm kinda sorta... pregnant and we really need the best right now."

"Um.. Yeah of course anything for you guys."

"Thank you so much."

"Of course, I'll be there tomorrow."

"Thank you again, goodbye." I walked into the cafeteria and saw Alex and Cristina sitting next to each other. I sat next down next to Alex.

"Hey Mer." They both said.

"Hi. I..." Before I could finish my sentence I heard my phone go off.

From Derek:

"We have to talk when you get home. Love you."

"Um... Oh.. I hired Addison back."

"Really? Good I miss her." Alex said.

"You miss her? Ha is that a joke, Alex Karev we all know you miss her services if you know what I mean." Cristina said.

"No I seriously miss her, it's all up to me and robbins now and it's a lot or work."

"Whatever." "Crap... I gotta go." Cristina got up and left.

"So Mer, anything new?"

"No, why?! Did Cristina say something to you?!"

"No... She didn't tell me anything... Seriously are you okay?"

"Yeah.. I'm fine..."

"Are you sure?"

"Alex, I'm sure. I tell you everything. If something was wrong I would tell you."

"Mhm. Well if you need to talk you know where to find me."

"Yup."

A couple hours later, my shift ended and I went home.

"Derek. I'm home."

"Good, we have to talk." He said as he walked down the stairs.

"Okay..."

"Why did you tell Cristina? I thought we were going to keep it a secret..."

"Well we were and then when I went to the board and asked if Addison could come back, which they said she could by the way and she's coming up tomorrow. But anyways, she stayed and asked me why I wanted Addison here all the sudden so I had to tell her."

"So since you told her, I get to tell someone."

"Yeah sure fine, but Cristina will probably tell Owen so..."

"She probably will. How was your day?"

"Long. Surgery ran a little late."

"So the usual?"

"Basically."

"Well let's go to bed."

"Sounds like a plan to me"

After we checked on the kids, we fell asleep and dreamt of our future baby.