Chapter 4

Addison's POV:

I went up to PEDS to grab the picture, I wanted another opinion so as soon as I grabbed it, I went to find Arizona.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah.. I'm I'm okay. Just having a tough day, mine and Meredith's a patient isn't doing well."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Can I have a second opinion on this ultrasound?"

"Of course." She said as I handed her the ultrasound picture.

"Okay, what exactly do you want me to look at?"

"Just tell me what you see, please."

"Um okay... Well it's definitely a twin pregnancy. If that's what you wanted me to see."

"That's exactly what I wanted you to see. Thank you so much." I said as I walked out of the room and made my way back up to the exam room Meredith and Derek were in.

Derek's POV:

It was obvious that Meredith was nervous, she was shaking, her hand was shaking even though I was holding it as tight as possible.

"Meredith.."

"W..W..What?" She said very shakily.

"Can you try to calm down for me? Please."

"Try to calm down? I haven't been calm in 12 weeks. The only thing I can think of is this baby. I'm nervous she's going to walk in here..." And as she said that the door opened.

Meredith's POV:

Addison walked in and the room went dead silent, I stopped talking, Derek stopped talking, all eyes were on Addison.

"Okay, so I talked to Arizona, she has no idea this is your ultrasound picture. I wanted a second opinion, she confirmed what I saw."

"And you saw....?" Meredith asked.

"I saw 2 baby's. Twins. Congratulations." She said, smiled and quickly walked out of the room closing the door on the way out.

"Meredith.." Derek said.

"I.. I.. I.. I'm happy. I really am. I never expected this to happen. I mean Derek, we're going to have twins. Twins. Derek." She said excitedly.

"I know. We're going to have 2 more kids. We're going to have Zola, Bailey and these two."

"I'm so happy and beyond excited. I have to go tell Alex and Cristina."

"Go tell them, but first come here." I said and she got up and walked over and stood in front of me.

"I love you. I'm so incredibly proud of you. I know these past 12 weeks haven't been easy for you. But you got through it. Meredith Grey, you're the strongest person I know. I love you, and our soon to be 4 kids." I said as I looked deep into her beautiful eyes.

She hugged me, she hugs me a lot, but she never hugged me like this. She hugged me tighter than ever before.

"I love you, and our soon to be 4 kids. You're the strongest person I know and I am incredibly proud of you. I cannot wait for these two to be born." She said

"Go tell Alex and Cristina now."

"I will." She says as she kisses me. "Thank you for everything" she whispers in my ear as she walks out of the room.

Meredith's POV:

I went down to PEDS to check up on mine & Arizona's patient. On my way, I ran into Alex.