Chapter 7

Meredith's POV:

It's been 2 weeks since Derek went into his "drunken" state. We all know what happens, he gets drunk, picks a fight with me and I take the kids to Alex's house and we have a "sleepover" well that's what I tell the kids.

/flashback/

"Derek Shepherd, you are drunk."

"Meredith leave me alone."

"No. You need to stop with this drunk thing. You can't drink your problems away."

"Meredith, I said leave me alone!"

"Fine, whatever. You'll have the house to yourself for a couple of days. I hope you're happy."

Apart of me didn't just want to leave him by himself, but I had to. For the kids sake.

We've been at Alex's house (my old house.) for almost a week now. I kinda owe Derek a visit considering he's been MIA at the hospital and I've had a doctors appointment.

I drove the almost 45 minute ride to the house, where I found Derek sitting on the couch.

"Well I'm surprised to see you here." he said.

"Yeah well I'm surprised you've stopped drinking for 5 minutes."

"Meredith don't start."

"I have every god given right to start. You've missed so much this past week. So much has changed. I've changed. You haven't even been there to witness any of it. You know, Bailey asked for you this whole week and I had to lie for you. You need to stop with this."

"Meredith..."

"Why do you always Meredith me? You make me feel like I've done something wrong when clearly I haven't. I don't understand you Derek."

"You need to calm down."

"How am I suppose to stay calm when I don't know if you're going to be sober enough to see you're kids. You're freaking kids who have been none stop asking for you. How am I suppose to stay calm Derek."

"You can stay calm because I haven't had a drink in 3 days. I'm fine. I'm just tired. I've missed you and the kids like crazy. I wanted you to have space. I knew you were with Alex and knowing you were with someone who loves you and the kids and knowing you were safe made everything okay. I'm better now."

"That's what you said 5 years ago when this happened. How am I suppose to know that this won't happen again?"

"You love me right?"

"Derek.."

"Answer the question."

"Yes. Of course I do."

"That's how you know it won't happen again."

"It better not happen again. We have a lot to catch you up on."

"Fill me in." he said as I say down next to him on the couch.

"Okay, so first off I had a doctors appointment this week, and everything looks perfect. Addison said everything is on track and they are still definitely girls. Bailey kept saying dadda all week. Which was super cute."

"I've missed a lot then, huh?"

"Yeah. Oh but I think I decided on a name I like."

"Oh yeah? Hit me."

"Lilia. It flows well. Lilia Grey-Shepherd."

"It's cute. It's perfect."

"Yeah? You really think so?"

"Of course. So that's one name down, one name to go?"

"Exactly."

Derek's POV:

Meredith and I made up. I went back to work. We were the dream team again.

"Nice to have you and your half a bottle of mousse hair back." Bailey said.

"I will have you know after we had Bailey, I don't have time to use half a bottle of mousse anymore."

"Mhmm. How's Meredith?"

"She's hanging in there. She's been in full baby mode the last couple days."

"Well that's good. At least she's excited."

"Mmm. She picked a name out already. Lilia."

"Meredith picked that name? Are you serious? She picked the most frilly name ever."

"Yeah no kidding. It's cute though. Lilia."

"If it makes her happy." She said as both of us got paged. Welcome back.

A/N: I'm so sorry it took me so long to update, life got to me. But I'm back & working on 2 new fanfics ❤️