part 8-10

/part 8 : give my heart a holiday/

yoongi could see jimin coming towards him. his muscle memory of the chords on the guitar started to get foggy. he stopped playing completely when jimin sat down next to him on the curb.

'keep playing' jimin said, looking at yoongi's eyes. part of them were covered by his bangs.

yoongi had a stronger smoke smell today. it wasn't always this noticeable. his eyes flickered back, but he couldn't look at jimin.

'i didn't report you, by the way'

that caught yoongi's attention, 'what?'

'i didn't want you to be arrested,' jimin said shrugging.

'but why?' yoongi put his guitar down.

'well, you've risked a lot for me,' jimin answered, 'saving me from getting killed and letting me go to school even though that guy said to keep me locked in that room... i don't know why you did that.'

'and you're right, i would be dead if it wasn't for you,' jimin continued, 'why did you do that? you barely even know me.'

yoongi bit his lip, 'it- it's just that...'

'yeah?'

'never mind,' yoongi shook his head. he picked up his guitar and started to play.

when he was done yoongi told jimin that he couldn't go back to the gang. they would know that he let jimin go and he would be severely punished. jimin decided to help.

'hyung...' jimin said slowly, 'do you wanna stay at my dorm tonight?'

yoongi was surprised at the invitation, 'huh? why are you helping...'

jimin giggled, 'you ask a lot of questions, hyung.'

/part 9 : back of the cab/

yoongi had to leave his car at the subway station because it could be tracked by the gang, so jimin got an uber to go home, since going on a bus would be too risky to get caught.

yoongi closed his eyes. it was hard for jimin to outline his face in the dark, but he could see yoongi's facial expression. he looked distressed. different than jimin has seen him before.

this was the genuine yoongi. not acting tough for the gang, or maybe for the world. he was just himself.

a few minutes passed. jimin felt a touch on his wrist. yoongi's fingers walked into his hand.

jimin fell asleep.

/part 10 : next day, nothing on my phone/

jimin woke up on his bed the next morning. he looked to where he thought yoongi slept, but he was gone.

he slept in his clothes. it has been the craziest first two days of college and jimin was exhausted.

his clothes smelt like him. they smelt like yoongi's cigarettes.

jimin showered and changed. it was another day of school, no different than before.

the major he was working on wasn't really of his interest. nothing his parents approved of was interesting to him.

what jimin really loved was music. he loved to play, listen, and dance to music. it brought him to another world.

maybe that's what yoongi was like. maybe the two weren't so different after all.

yoongi was absent from class today. he didn't even leave jimin a message.