part 14-17

/part 14 : long nights, daydreams/

yoongi woke up on the ground. last night they walked the rest of the way to the motel. jimin was still asleep on the bed.

yoongi stepped outside and took a smoke. he wasn't planning on it, since jimin told him not to, and yoongi never really took his own health seriously. but at this point, he practically ran on nicotine.

jimin walked up behind him, 'hyung... when do you think it's safe to go back?'

yoongi saw a tired jimin, his eyes were wincing from the early morning sunlight. yoongi thought for a moment, 'soon,' he said, not being able to promise anything.

they stayed at the motel for a few days, not doing much. they got more comfortable talking to each other and understood each other better.

jimin told yoongi how he wanted to do music at school, and yoongi told jimin how his family hierarchy passed down their position as a gang member to him.

they shared their passion for music, which both of them have never done with anyone else. it was a new feeling, like kids discussing a tv show they watched.

yoongi promised to teach jimin how to play guitar once things get back to normal. but... who knows when that would be?

one day they turned on the tv as they ate.

breaking news! deadly gang caught and arrested in university town.

both of their faces turned pale.

/part 15 : all be worth the wait/

they got an uber back to jimin's dorm. they've both missed too many classes already and the danger was gone.

there was one problem: the police were now looking for yoongi.

jimin offered him to stay at his dorm but yoongi didn't want to put jimin in danger again.

they both went back to class. it seemed normal, and they had things to catch up on.

no one really questioned why they were gone together, or why they suddenly got so close to each other.

until...

/part 16 : i've been a fool/

sirens.

red lights.

blue lights.

guns.

hands up.

/part 17 : yeah they always taste like you/

jimin arrived at the gas station. the first time in almost a year. he wanted to avoid them as much as possible because they brought back too many memories.

he saw the sandwiches on the chilled shelves.

he saw the cigarette packs behind the counter.

he saw the bags of pink candies, they were strawberry chews.

and he left the store, never looking back.

...because that would only break his heart more.

{ the end }