Roomies

Cody dropped his bags into the room. Chris had his interns help bring luggage from the tour bus into the hotel lobby once everyone got their rooms. "Alright, we're here! I can't wait to take a shower!" 

"Finally," I kicked my shoes off near the entry way. The room wasn't anything special, it was decent. To the left of me there was a door to what I assumed was the bathroom, to the right there was a small table with a coffee machine. . .

"Y/N, I think we have a problem."

I looked up and scanned the room. "There's only one bed? Why would Chris give us a hotel room with only one bed?!"

"I mean, he did say that there weren't many choices left. . ."

I sighed. "You're right," Having to share a bed does beat dealing with challenges back to back. 

"We could share the bed, Y/N, if you're comfortable. . . It's not like we aren't dating"

"I've been told that I sleep crazy," I lied. 

"Oh, Y/N, I'm sure it's not that bad! I can guarantee that I've dealt with worse."

I gave him a puzzled look. "What do you mean?"

"OK, so there was this one time I woke up to Noah spooning me and kissing my ear. . . I was half asleep, so I thought it was Gwen!" Cody went to his bag to unpack his toothbrush while continuing his story. "Another time, when I was 13, I was at my Aunt Lucy's in Arizona and I had to share the bed with my cousin who ended up wetting the bed. I woke up to the sheets absolutely soaked and then-"

"I think that's enough," I began to unpack some items from my suitcase.

Cody laughed nervously. "I guess I'll go shower now," He rolled his entire suitcase into the bathroom with him. Thankfully, Cody didn't take his sweet time in the shower. Once he came out and sat on the bed, I headed into the bathroom to take a shower. All that traveling made me feel icky. 

Cody's POV

I had turned off the television and began to fall asleep, but I couldn't. That's when I realized I was missing him! For some stupid reason, I left my entire luggage in the bathroom. In there was my stuffed emu, Jerry. I was growing restless without him -- I need Jerry. I opened the bathroom door and began going through my luggage. 

"Cody, what the hell are you doing!?" Y/N cried from behind the shower curtain. 

"Uhh. . . I just needed to get something out of my luggage!"

"Hurry up and get out!" She said. Then I ran out of the bathroom with my stuffed emu.

A few minutes passed by and Y/n came out of the bathroom.

"Hi," I said to her.

"Why did you put your suitcase in the bathroom?" Y/n asked.

"I left it in there by accident. All my stuff is in there."

"Okay, but you couldn't wait until I was done?" She grabbed the remote and turned the TV on.

"No!" I blurted out.

"Alright, calm down..." She turned to look at me, then she saw Jerry. "Is that a stuffed animal?"

"Uh, yes..." 

"You're sleeping with that?"

"Is that a problem?"

"No, but it's just a bit weird."

"Why?"

"Well, you're a sixteen-year-old boy with a girlfriend, do you really need a stuffed emu?"

"Me having stuffed animals isn't weird at all! Some people collect stuff like this."

"Alright, tell me about the rest of your plushie collection."

"This is the only one I have," I laughed nervously.

Y/n yawned and turned the TV off. "Aren't you tired?"

"Yeah, it's like twelve in the morning. We should get some rest before we're too tired to do the challenges during the day."

Y/n rested their head on the pillow and shut their eyes. I lied down in bed, facing away from them as I held Jerry close.

"Goodnight, Cody." She muttered.

"Goodnight," I whispered back.

A/N:

I honestly do not know why people are still reading this