1: Lets play!

I woke up to my phone ringing. It was my mom. Calling me 5 minutes before my alarm. There was definitely a temptation to ignore her and enjoy those precious minutes, but I know my mom. If I don't answer, she'll call again. And again. And again. And if it gets past that, she assumes I'm dead. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but there's a reason that I moved out.

"Morning ma" I answered the phone groggily
"y/n!! Good morning, sweetheart! How's your day? Ready for work?"she asks. I sigh. She's definitely had her coffee.
"Just starting and no, not yet."
"Oh come on, you should take this job more seriously than your last. You don't want to get fired again now that you're on your own."
"Ma, it's fine. I've made it longer here than any other place."
"And how long would that be now, dear?"
"Two months."
"Exactly. Your job isn't secure until you've worked there a year, I know you know this sweetheart. Are you trying to lose this one too?"
"MA." I start, letting my emotions get ahead of me. I take a breath. "You're right. Thank you." I say, quickly hanging up.
And there's my alarm.
Fun.

I shower and get dressed in my uniform.
I'll be honest, I love my job. I know that's rare to hear but I can't think of any major cons.
The kids are only sometimes brats, the musics not as annoying as most music for kids, my uniform is great, soft with nice pastel colors, hell, I even like my coworkers...
Although that does lead me to the only con.
Moondrop.
Yeah he's definitely scared the pants off of me once or twice.

I get to work and make a beeline for the daycare.
I unlock the door and who's there to greet me but sundrop.
"Y/N!!! GOOD MORNING!!"
"Morning sunny"
"READY TO WORK?"
"As ready as ever."
Sunny and I set up and kids started flooding in.
As usual, he entertained and I made sure nobody died.
I promise, it's less dramatic than it sounds. Sundrops just not the most aware of his surroundings sometimes. I'm not quite sure how they managed to make an animatronic with adhd and anxiety but they did. Since he's got almost infinite energy and I don't, I tend to lead the less energetic of activities. Usually crafts or manning the movie corner.

"WHOS READY FOR A GAME?" Sunny called to the whole daycare, his voice booming like a speaker...which I guess technically it is. I ushered the children around sundrop so he could announce the game.
"NOW, DO YOU WANT TO PLAY TAG OR HIDE AND SEEK? RAISE YOUR HAND FOR TAG"
one or two hands raised
"HIDE AND SEEK?" And there's the rest of the hands. Why do kids like hide and seek so much? This happens every time. We haven't played tag in weeks.
"Who wants to be seekers?" I asked. Nothing. I have never heard a room of kids so silent. Guess that means it's us.
"Looks like we're seeking then" I said, nudging sundrop. He smiled his usual plastered smile at me, then closed his eyes and began counting. I closed mine as well. Once he got to 30 he stopped and I opened my eyes.
"Ready or not here we come!" I called out. I ascended one of the play structures to get a better view.
I stood atop the castle piece when I heard the thumping of hurried footsteps behind me. I turn to see sundrop race past me, clearly forgetting there's not a wall. He pretty much launched himself over the side, once again unaware of his surroundings. I grab his wrist as he hangs off the side, one foot barely still on the structure, the other hanging, ready to pull him down to the mat below. I smirked.
"Misjudge a step there?" I ask.
"More or less" he replies, blushing. I pull him back onto the play structure.

I'm definitely sending a request to corporate to add a net there. But for now, it's time to finish this game.